Thursday, March 17, 2011

Its A Family Tradition

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope everyone remembered to wear their green so they don't get pinched :) Ha ha!
This morning I made the boys green pancakes for breakfast. They seemed to like it! Plus they were super fluffy! Yum!

Ever since we had Jakah last year, My husband and I have been trying to think of ways to make our own family traditions. We didn't do anything for Easter last year (like a 2 month old needs a basket of candy). For the past two Valentine's days we have had our family pictures taken. (only because Jakah was born in February and its been easy to take him in on a weekend to get the pictures done)
Oh and I bought Jakah a gift the day after because it was on clearance then. (he doesn't know the difference)

But we are going to have to start coming up with our own traditions now that he is getting older. I think for St. Patrick's day, I may make only green food. Makes it fun that way, and it would be a good tradition. (my husband's family doesn't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day, because they are not Irish. My family on the other hand goes all out since we are VERY Irish)

The day after Thanksgiving, we try to go sledding. OK so we have only done it once, but we would like to make it an every year event. (This year we helped my sister in law move into her new house! So we had a good reason for missing it)

Around Christmas time I saw something called The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition with Blue Eyed North Pole Pixie-Elf. I was thinking it would be something fun to do. I also read an article where the lady traced her kids hands every year on a tree skirt. I liked it so much I made myself (and my best friend) a tree skirt so we could do that. (as of now Jakah's hand has not been traced onto it yet. Its going to take the both of us to get him to sit still. Maybe I should do that this weekend HA HA!)

We still need to think of something for Easter.... and maybe Mother's day and Father's day....

So with that said, What are some other good ideas that would could turn into family traditions? What do you do with just your family?

I want Jakah (and any other kid we have) to think back and have awesome memories of fun things we did. Something they could remember doing every year. Who knows, maybe they will want to pass them onto their family also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna