Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

Ever since I decided to buy a new oven, I have been creating these cupcakes in my head. Thinking I am a genius and that no one else had thought of these, I googled them. Of course they have been done before! Ha ha
Since my oven arrived on Saturday, I have been a cooking machine! I made my husband Swedish meatballs (his favorite!) for picking it up for me. And because he had a horrible day picking it up. The clutch on the truck broke while he was on the freeway. With Jakah in the truck, and my bother in law. Ha ha... He had to have it towed to his parents house (where we keep the truck) Poor guy! Our delivery ended up costing us around $250 ...... ugh

Hello, Hello
My, My, My what have we here

So after the whole delivery fiasco, on Sunday, I dug in and got started on making these cute cupcakes.

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Cake Directions

1 Lemon cake mix (I cheated because I wasn't sure how these would turn out)

Make cake according to instructions on the box. I baked a batch of cupcakes, and then wanted to use my fancy rose pan because I have never used it before




















Its so pretty, shiny and clean!



I then got started on the frosting. I was debating on using the Crystal lite pink lemonade or the concentrated pink lemonade. In the end, I chose the Crystal Lite. Mostly because I used strawberry cream cheese (OK actually for no real reason except I didn't have any of the concentrated kind)

Pink Lemonade Frosting
2 - 8 oz packages of strawberry cream cheese
1/2 cup of softened butter
4 tablespoons of veg shortening
2 tablespoons of Crystal lite pink lemonade
2 cups powdered sugar

Beat together cream cheese, butter, and veg shortening. Slowly add Crystal Lite pink lemonade and powdered sugar until all mixed together.


The frosting was a bit tart. But the more I think about it, pink lemonade is tart, and adding sugar wouldn't have make it any better. I am really not sure if I would make these cupcakes again. While they were good, they just weren't what I had imagined. Maybe its the lemon cake and the lemonade frosting. Might be too much all at once. Its something I am going to have to play around with and work on.
Don't they look delicious!
Also, my husband wouldn't even taste them! I was then going to make Vanilla cupcakes with brownie pieces mixed in (mostly to use up the brownies I had made, and it sounded delicious!) But he requested that I make just plain vanilla cupcakes with plain vanilla frosting (I tried to tell him that people didn't want to read plain old cupcakes on my blog)

So just for him I made vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting. BUT since I just don't like to do plain I added a twist. They do look adorable at least!

They look adorable!






P.S. I need to stop baking! Or someone needs to come eat all these goodies!
P.S.S. The pink lemonade cupcakes were good, just not what I had imagined
P.S.S.S I cheated on my husbands plain cupcakes and just used a box mix and canned frosting Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Love the cupcakes! But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new stove and matching microwave! They are SmOkiN HoT!!!
    By the way... When are we coming over for dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna