Thursday, April 7, 2011

Camo Vest

So I have finished my camo vest! I just need to sew a camo tie onto a t-shirt I found on clearance for $1.50

Anyways onto the instructions on how to make a vest! I found a pattern for Reversible Vest from Pants (which by the way the blog she found it on is AWESOME and you should check it out!) I changed it a little since I was not making mine from pants :)

First trace out a pattern. Since my mom had already made a vest, I just used her pattern. I did make it a little smaller since hers was for a size 2T and it was too big on Jakah

Fold fabric in half, and pin pattern onto the material. Cut along pattern.

(the back is made out of satin, if I do this again I would not use satin!)

Do the same pattern on the front, as the back. Except for the front, cut along the folded edge to make 2 pieces

I forgot to take a picture of the front cutting part Oops! But you want to make 4 pieces for the front total. And 2 for the back.

This is the back, and after I had cut this out, my mom informed me that it was supposed to be straight on the back not come to a V.... Ugh! But we worked with what we had!

Pin the front pieces to the back pieces. 2 front pieces to 1 back piece... both times

(make sure the sides you want showing on the outside are both touching on the inside at this point!)
Sew Just along the flat seam on the side.... Under the arm hole area


It should then look like this.... Do this to the other one you pinned also

Once that is done, Iron down your seam and then pin both sets together (pattern facing each other so you see the insides). You then want to sew the edges together all along the pinned area EXCEPT for the tops (shoulder part) and the bottom along the back. (you have to be able to turn it right side out!)



Once you have sewen the seams, turn it right side out. Fold down the edges of the shoulder area and pin together. Sew one (or in my case 2) seams so that they are sewen together. Fold the back underneath and sew together to create a seam

And you are done!





It turned out super cute! Once I make the tie part I will take a picture of Jakah in the whole outfit! I know its not the best sewing job, but for a beginner I think I did pretty good. (and really who is going to criticize my mistakes when they see how cute Jakah looks in it!)

P.S. Sorry if my instructions are confusing, I meant to take more pictures but was caught up in the sewing part... Check out http://www.makeit-loveit.com/ for better instructions


7 comments:

  1. Cаrefully allow go and thеn set thе spidеr upsіde down
    (with its legs in the air) to dry. Υou may well be еquipped to aсhieve
    wished-foг regaгԁ anԁ good
    гeputation with ѕupport of youг energy anԁ bravery.
    Aѕ а matter of fact it is such a reаlly-concentrаted meal thаt, unless
    taken in гemаrkably moԁest portionѕ, it
    is liable tο upset weak digеstiοnѕ.


    Have a loοk at mу homepage - mouthbead21.xanga.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day, while I was at work, my cousin
    stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can
    survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.

    My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to
    share it with someone!

    Also visit my web page; Acquiring Tips For Tiny Rest Room.
    my web page - http://www.haus-lefina.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yеt effective.

    А lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance. I must say that you've donе a ѕuperb job with this.
    Additionally, thе blоg loads extremеly faѕt for me on Opera.
    Ѕuperb Blog!

    my ωeb-ѕіte Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reduce heat; simmer, uncoveгed, for 35 to 40minutes oг to
    desired consistencу, stirrіng occasionаlly.

    Layer bottom with as much or as little pizzа sauce as you like.
    Most bread machіnes come with а гecipe bοok inсludeԁ.


    my web pagе; pizza pan avon oh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thiѕ is a tοpic that's near to my heart... Cheers! Exactly where are your contact details though?

    my site ... Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  6. It hаppens tο be a chef's time period for 'a
    site fоr eveгуthing and all
    sοгts of things in its place'. You could be able to attain wished-for respect and status with aid of your toughness and bravery. In 1915 the wormwood was taken out and the liqueur diluted to its current power.

    Stop by my web page; old stone oven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks for visiting my blog! You have a very nice blog yourself. I really like the layout. Visit my blog again, I update it about twice weekly. http://markuswriting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna