Monday, August 29, 2011

Big Timin' in a Small Town

I grew up in a small town. A small town that has a state fair every year. Every year there is a parade to celebrate the fair coming to town. Its a pretty big deal for this little town. You know summer is coming to an end when the parade and fair come to town. When I was younger and in Girl Scouts, I walked in the parade too. I'm sure everyone that lived in the town at the time has been in the parade. Now its a bigger town...

We took Jakah to the parade on saturday. It was hot. I felt like I was cooking Jakah... Poor kid.

He had a great time! Loved watching the police cars and fire trucks. Loved all the cheerleaders and dancers. LOVED the tractors and the pirates.

Waiting for the parade to start

Watching the line dancers

All the kids at the parade!
My nephew was chosen to go get an army backpack. At 5 this is the coolest thing ever.
There is a monster truck show at the fair, Here is one of the trucks

Pirates

Jakah loved the cheerleaders
At the end, one of the groups walking passed out otter pops! It was so awesome since we were so hot by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna