Thursday, September 15, 2011

Almond Poppy Seed Muffins

I found this recipe on All Recipes after an extensive google search. Apparently most poppy seed muffins have lemon in them, but I wanted almond.

I did change the type of poppy seeds used, mostly because I bought the wrong thing. Oops! And the original recipe calls for a glaze. You can find it Here

Ingredients

3 eggs
2.5 cups white sugar
1 1/8 cups vegetable oil
1.5 cups milk
1.5 teaspoons salt
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
.5 of a 12oz can of Poppy Seed Filling (paste)
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1.5 teaspoons almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

  1. Beat together the eggs, cups white sugar and vegetable oil.
  2. Add in milk, salt, baking powder, poppy seeds, vanilla, almond flavoring, and flour.
  3. Mix well.
  4. Bake in paper lined muffin cups (filled 3/4 full or 3 small greased loaf pans) at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes for muffins and 50-60 minutes for loaves. The tops should be browned and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
They are YUMMY!!!! I didn't make the glaze since I like mine all plain jane




Oh and this recipe said it makes 12... And I doubled it... I ended up with 48 large muffins and 64  mini muffins.... Don't do it! I guess we shall see if they freeze well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna