Friday, October 21, 2011

Meatloaf Cupcakes

I've been trying to come up with fun ideas for dinner. I get tired of making the same few things, and all though these are pretty much just meatloaf and mashed potatoes its a fun way to eat them.

And they are super easy to make! Just make your favorite meatloaf recipe and mashed potatoes Ha ha!

Here's my recipe. But I should warn you, I'm not much for measuring and just throw stuff in and call it good.

Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onions
1 egg
Steak seasoning
Garlic salt
Ritz crackers
Cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350
Mix all ingredients together except for the crackers and cheese. Crush ritz crackers over and mix together. Shread or Cube cheese and mix in.

Using foil cupcake liners, put meatloaf into cupcake pan.

Cook for 30 minutes at 350


Next comes mashed potatoes

Peel and cube potatoes.
Boil until fork tender.
Drain water.
Put potatoes in mixer
add butter and milk (sometimes I use sour cream if I have it)
Add seasoning (usually garlic salt)

Mix together until smooth

I was feeling creative so I put the mashed potatoes into a piping bag and used a fancy tip




They were super yummy and really fun to eat!

This is linked up to Frugal Girls

2 comments:

  1. I make my meatloaf in muffin tins all the time! I love the idea of the mashed potato "frosting". I bet my kids would love it, too. And the foil liners are genius. I just grease the pan, but it's always a pain to clean it out.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna