Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Cookies

I swear the only time I eat pumpkin anything is in the Fall. Feels just wrong to eat it at any other time right?

I found this recipe in the Real Simple magazine a couple years ago.
This is my FAVORITEST cookbook in the whole world. And I keep all the recipes I print or cut out in it. I should come up with a better filing system. In case you don't know what the cookbook is, its the Betty Crocker 40th Anniversary Edition. Someone gave it to me as a gift atleast 10 years ago and its my go to cookbook!

Anyways onto the cookies!


Ingredients:
Cookies:
3 tbsp butter at room temp
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Cream ingredients:
2/3 cup cream cheese at room temp
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar

Heat oven to 375

Beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add pumpkin, vanilla, and egg. Beat until combined.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar and butter. Beat on a medium-low speed until fully incorporated.

Spoon heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart onto a greased or lined baking sheet.

Bake until puffed up and cooked thru. About 10 mins. Let cool for 5 mins.

For frosting:
Beat the cream cheese, heavy cream and confectioners' sugar until smooth and spreadable.

I actually prefer mine plain or with a dab of whipped cream. Taste just like pumpkin pie! I think I ate 10 of them and realized I better make another batch for our halloween party!

This is linked up with The Frugal Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna