I moved to my hometown at the age of 8. I now live 10 miles away from my hometown and my husband grew up 10 miles in the other direction. We haven't moved very far away.
So here is my list of 10 things about my hometown
1) It used to be a farming / cow town. Most of the cow farms have left yet people still think its a cow town. (it still smells like cow shit in the summer though)
2) We live an hour away from Seattle, an hour away from the mountain passes and about 3 hours away from the ocean (not that the ocean is EVER warm here!)
3) There is atleast 1 espresso stand on every corner. The even just opened a bikini espresso stand (I should explain a bikini stand. Its where guys go to get horrible coffee served to them by girls in bikinis)
4) You still see people you went to high school with
5) You can go shopping on Main Street or you can cross the highway and shop at the "big stores" ie: Albertsons or Safeway
6) There is a giant smoke stack from The Carnation Condensery factory but it burned down in the 40's. Everything but this stack.
8) Every year a state fair comes to town. And its a given that you have either worked there or shown animals there.
9) There are 2 major highways going into town, Both were amazingly listed on the 10 worst highways in America list.
10) There is also a state prison that houses mostly sex offenders right next door to the high school. (insert your own joke here)
This is linked up with Sasha at The good life