Friday, January 20, 2012

A baby changes everything

When I was pregnant with Jakah, I had worries like most first time moms. Mostly about giving birth, and not really caring for a baby before. Not knowing what to do. But, we were going from just the two of us to three.

I remember coming home from the hospital, sitting on the couch and looking at each other, saying "now what?"






Sure we had no idea what we were doing, but it was one tiny being. How hard can it be? (bahahahaha famous last words right?!)

But Johnson & Johnson, (Oh and Faith Hill's Christmas song) seem to say it best.

A Baby Changes EVERYTHING

But now that I know what is involved, this time I feel like I have different worries. So many different emotions than I had the first time.

What were we thinking? Can I handle two? How will Jakah react? Will we ever get to go on a vacation? Will Jensen screaming at night keep Jakah up? Is Jensen going to be as act? Have the same personality? Am I going to have two crazy kamikaze kids running rampant?

I am not a person that likes change much. And this is a big change. Going from just taking care of one to caring for two! Having two little dictators running the show! (lets be honest, they are bossy for being so little!)

Being stuck at home for 3 days during this Snowpocalypse has really made me think of lots of things. (and clean out a lot of things!)

Most the time I don't really feel like I am cut out for this mom business....Now instead of ruining one kid, I'm ruining two. I'm sure everyone says that at one point right?


A Baby Changes Everything......

7 comments:

  1. I remember looking at my oldest son right after I gave birth to him. I was overwhelmed with love… then it hit me! I'm a MOM! I was so scared. I had NO IDEA what I was doing! But then instincts kick in and I did just fine. I'm sure you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I have to gush a little...I love those newborn pictures!
    I remember feeling the same way you did after we brought our first one home. In my experience having a second one did change things, and some things were harder, but others were not. And as they got older and were able to play together, my husband and I felt more freed up.
    I promise...you will adjust to the change, you are cut out for this, and you are not ruining them. They're lucky to have you. And having people to call for help is good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little jealous on the people to help part. I really don't have anyone. Even my mom friends, their kids act nothing like Jakah does so I am struggling by myself. Its just been a really tough 7 days...

      Delete
  3. Yes, a new baby changes everything. For the better. You'll never regret having another one. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel regret, just scared... I'm sure I am over-thinking things and it will all be fine. But thanks for the kind words :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely! I had those same worries with #2...#3....#4... :) You're family is going to be fine!

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna