Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Caution While Pregnant

Many friends wonder why I don't really enjoy being pregnant. Or why I am only having two kids. Beside the fact that all I really want is two. One for each parent, or one for each hand when I am alone.

Oh yeah and I SUCK at being pregnant!

I have very difficult pregnancies.

Not, oh I am throwing up 16 times a day for 6 months difficult. Although that would be horrible, I would rather do that I think. (I'm not saying being sick is easy either, I would just rather be sick all the time!)

I'm talking babies coming early and being on bed rest difficult.

With Jakah I was put on bed rest at 27 weeks. And honestly we were lucky to even find out when we did. I seem to carry them funny. They are head down from the beginning. With Jakah we had to have 6 ultrasounds to try and get pictures of his brain to make sure he was OK. His head was just so far down in my pelvis. Eventually we did a 3-d ultrasound (which is amazing!) and found out I had a shortened cervix. Really short! I was given steroid shots and put on bed rest for 9 weeks. The week after I was taken off bed rest Jakah showed up.

Yesterday morning I went to the bathroom and there was blood. I freaked out. There shouldn't be blood. Called the Dr and text my husband. He came straight home from work and took me into the Dr, where they first checked my cervix to make sure it was still in tact.

Good news is that everything is fine, Jensen is good and active and I'm not in labor.

Bad news is they have no idea why I was bleeding. And its a high possibility I will be getting put on bed rest again. In fact I put myself on bed rest for the day.

Bed rest is boring, but bed rest with a 2 year old. How is that even going to work? And I hope I don't get put in the hospital (there was talks of it last time)

Its scary, REALLY scary! Its one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced.



14 comments:

  1. Same thing happened to me. Shortened cervix with my 3rd pregnancy and I had really heavy bleeding. But US revealed that baby was still doing okay. But yes, bed rest: with a 4 year old and a 2 year old.....????? and a shift worker husband? You've got to be kidding me. "there's no one who can help you out?" they said.
    Me: what, like Every Single Day? All Day? No.

    So they hospitalized me for 6 weeks.
    I lovingly refer to it as my Unfortunate Incarceration. But my mom came and she stayed for 5 months!! that's a mom's love right there.
    And me and baby were just fine through it all - I promised myself not to Freak Out. That being calm was the best thing for both of us.

    If you want to chat with someone who's been there and survived - With her sanity intact - head over to my blog, find my email, and drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much! I can't believe your mom was able to come and stay for 5 months!!!! I don't think mine could. So far everything is good, and thats all that matters

      Delete
  2. Hang in there sister, your a strong lady and you can do this, I am glad everything is ok, :) Jensen this is your aunt stop scaring your mommy, and try to stay high up so your mommy doesnt need bed rest, love your aunt, lol :) I am just glad your ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelle :) Maybe you'll have to come home and take care of me!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you're going through this! I was on bed rest for 8 weeks with A, it was awful, I can only imagine what it would have been like with a 2 year old. Glad everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As long as everything stays ok!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Audrey. I'm glad everything is okay for now. I really hope it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly hope it was a one of and you can continue to be active until you go into labor. I can understand how scary this must be for you!! You can send Jakah up here for a weekend or two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might have to take you up on that! :)

      Delete
  6. I so understand you! First born was a preemie and so with the second I was monitored excessively and was put on rest. The worry and stress of your body not doing what it is supposed to sucks ALOT! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! It means a lot!

      Delete
  7. Do you have help if you go on bed rest? I can't imagine being on bed rest while a two year old is running around the house. I hope all works out for you. When is your due date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't have much help, but we'll do what we can :) I'm due June 9th. Jakah was 2 weeks early so I could go early this time too!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna