For this weeks Listicles, we have been given the task by Squashed Mom to write about 10 strange / unusual / weird jobs we have had. Or if we haven't had 10 jobs, 10 strange / unusual / weird tasks at the jobs that we have had.
Since I only ever had about 5 or 6 jobs , I will just list tasks at various jobs.
10 Various strange tasks I have ever had to do for money
1. Shredder - Actually I still have to do this one, at the tax office we are only required to keep a certain number of years, so every year we go thru and shred hundreds of returns, but hand with tiny shredders...
2. Movie checker - I worked at Blockbuster before it closed down. You have to be over 18 to work there ....
3. Chauffeur / Driver - While working as an office manager my boss lost his license for a DUI. He paid me a fortune to drive him around to appointments and sit in the truck with his dogs. I got to drive his sweet Acura RSX and his Excursion
4. Keg Driver - For the same job, I was responsible for picking up the kegs for all the parties he threw at his house.
5. 2 am inventory - While working at Blockbuster, it would close at midnight. So we would have to do inventory after that. Scanning EVERY movie in the store before it re-opened at 10 am. Sometimes we would lay in the middle of the floor and watch movies on the big screen TVs
6. Espresso Chick - Enough said (made a ton in tips!)
7. Office Painter - In high school my boss paid me to paint the entire office so that he didn't have to hire anyone. It was for the tax office I still work for ....
8. Safety Coordinator - I had to start and manage a safety program. Because the builder made us do it. I pretty much had to print off stupid papers that said "drink lots of water if its hot out" and made the guys sign them...
9. Debt Collector - While working for a remolding company that did work for Home Depot, I was required to call Home Depot and remind them to pay us on the jobs we had done. They would always forget to pay us. I had to call all 13 stores atleast once a month
10. Hot Dog Cooker - I worked at an Espresso Stand (this one was inside the Home Depot, and yes it is a different company that the previous one) We had to serve steamed hot dogs. It was gross when guys would come in and order them at 5 am. We also had to dump out all the grease.....I still don't eat hot dogs.
(no we didn't use these to cook them, although it would have been funnier!)
This is linked up over at The Good Life for Monday Listicles