Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Listicles - My Life Soundtrack

I took last week off from doing the listicles. But this week I am so excited for the topic Bruna of Bees with Honey has chosen.

“If they were to make a movie of your life what would the soundtrack be like? Share 10 songs that best tell the story of your life. Be sure to include the period or event that each song represents”.

Yay!! It makes me all giddy inside!

It was tough narrowing it down to 10 (ok I couldn't narrow it down to 10! I feel like there are so many more songs I want to add), and I feel like its mostly country music. Especially Brad Paisley because he seems to be going thru the same stuff in life at the same time we are. Plus I like his songs and can relate to them. (almost too well!)

So here the list goes!


10. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham
This was my favorite song as a kid. My aunt was a teenager when I was born, and taught me how to sing it.



9. Wide Open Spaces - Dixie Chicks
This was the first concert I was allowed to go to with my friends in high school. We got to drive all the way to Tacoma (its like 2 hours away!) It was also around the time we were going to be graduating so it hit home



8. Dirt Road Anthem - Jason Aldean
As soon as this song came out I INSTANTLY thought about high school and growing up in a small town. We used to go out and hang out at the end of dirt roads, or out in the woods.


7. Mud on the Tires - Brad Paisley
This song came out right as my husband and I started dating. And he happened to have gotten a new Chevrolet. Seemed to fit us at the time.



6.Warning - Incubus
Bought tickets to see Incubus for Casey when we were dating. I broke my tooth that date, but still went to the concert even though the vibrations hurt like heck!


5. Little Moments - Brad Paisley
This is the song Casey and I danced to at our wedding. We aren't really super sappy types, this explains us


4. Grow Old With You - Adam Sandler
 I loved this song at our wedding



3. Not Ready To Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
We went thru losing a lot of friends about 5 years ago, do to a stupid union strike. This song came out about then and just reminds me of how I felt. Plus I LOVE anything by the Dixie Chicks!


2. Anything Like Me - Brad Paisley
This song came out at the same time as finding out we were find out Jakah's gender!



1. I Just Call You Mine - Martina McBride
Whenever I head this song I think of Jakah. Its how I feel after I had him.


Extra!! Just couldn't leave these off!

Smile - Uncle Kracker
This song also makes me think of Jakah!


Lullaby - Dixie Chicks
And I cried my eyes out to this song when my sweet nephew was born. I think of him every time I hear it


Benny and the Jets - Elton Jon Jakah giggles hysterically every time this song comes on. Its hilarious
Poor Little Broken Truck - Caspar Babypants
Jakah loves Caspar Babypants. Who by the way used to be the lead singer for The Presidents of the United States of America. He travels around Washington and plays shows at libraries among other places. I took Jakah to see him.

I do listen to lots of other music, but obviously Brad Paisley is pretty high on my list. I feel like every time something big in our lives is happening, he has a song coming out about it at the same time. Now if only my husband would take me to a concert to see him!

This is linked up with The Good Life


30 comments:

  1. Adam Sandler so nailed that tune in the movies. One of film's best moments I think.
    I plead the 5th on any WHAM songs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do LOVE that Adam Sandler song :) I was like 3 singing WHAM LOL

      Delete
  2. I loved your list! Wide Open Spaces brings back so many memories. Also, you nailed it by finding that Adam Sandler song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Those are both a few of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Audrey - I love your choices. I'm surprised to find many picked Dixie Chicks. I thought I was only one of a handful of fans. And, as I said to others, their album Taking the Long Way is incredible. Brad Paisley is awesome (Martina McBride, too.) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dixie Chicks! I've seen them 3 times and they never fail me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Never heard of Caspar, he is very cool! What great choices! I have been listening to The Wolf since the day we moved to WA so I am proud to say I know all your country choices :)
    The intro to your wedding song choice video made me laugh. Super list Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caspar Babypants has awesome kid music that doesn't seem to get on my nerves! And his kid concerts are fun! You should go see him if you can!

      Delete
  5. You seem to like a variety of music. I am the same way. Right now though, it seems like all I listen to is Barney songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try Caspar Babypants! His songs are cute and never seem to get on my nerves! Barney isn't allowed at my house at all.

      Delete
  6. I was noticing a little Brad Paisley theme going on :)
    I'm loving looking and listening to everyone's lists! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Brad :) It has been fun looking and listening to everyone's lists :)

      Delete
  7. Aww! Great list! I love the Dixie Chicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant addition with the Adam Sandler song.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were not kidding on the Brad Paisley songs! :) I love Grow Old With You too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I think Brad is stalking me and writing songs about my life :)

      Delete
  10. I'm not usually much of a country fan, but I like so many of your choices, especially the Adam Sandler song - such a sweet song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like a little bit of everything, but the country songs usually relate to what is going on at the time. Its not to say I don't like some rock!

      Delete
  11. I love the Adam Sandler choice. It is always fun to see what touches people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I have loved reading others lists

      Delete
  12. I also love the Adam Sandler song. Makes me cry every time I see that movie. I also love the Wham song. I like to work the lyrics into conversations with my kids. "You want me to pick you up, before you go-go?"
    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha that is awesome! I think I'll have to try that :)

      Delete
  13. Wide Open Spaces! I love that song! Now you have me reconsidering my list. I should have put "Goodbye Earl" on it! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this list...country is my favorite although I like all styles except hard core rap and hard core rock lol....Love Jason Aldean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you have a bunch of country music and Incubus:)

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna