Monday, January 16, 2012

Never, Say Never - Monday Listicles

This week Stasha over at The Good Life has chosen Greta at Not Enough Patience to pick our Monday Listicles topic of the week.
"I'll Never...." The Top Ten Things You Said You Would Never Do and Have Caught Yourself Doing


It reminds me of the song from "American Tale" Never, Say Never... (I just watched it with Jakah) I can think of so many things, especially since becoming a mom that I thought I would never do

1 - I NEVER thought I would become a mom. Never really something I dreamed about

2 - I Never Thought I'd............. be a stay at home mom

3 - I Never Thought I'd..............use the TV to babysit so I could take a shower

4 - I Never Thought I'd ..............have to fight someone so much over eating dinner (or anything really)

5 - I Never Thought I'd...............say the same things my parents said to me

6 - I Never Thought I'd...............have to drag my kid, kicking and screaming, outside to play in the snow

7 - I Never Thought I'd................pray for my kid to sleep past 6:30

8 - I Never Thought I'd................look forward to going grocery shopping or nap time

9 - I Never Thought I'd................get bored of cooking dinner

10 - I Never Thought I'd..............look forward to going to bed at 9



10 comments:

  1. I hear you!! I catch my self saying "just one more bite of your burger, please" Like really???!! And "come on, let's go and sledge, please" And I throw away Mc D's and sledge on my own...
    You are so effortlessly funny Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the "just one my bite" song.... Its said nightly here I swear! :)

      Delete
  2. #10 - that really should have been on my list, too! Oh how I look forward to going to bed early! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha Most days I feel like that's late! Although my day does start at 5

      Delete
  3. HAHA! Things do get better with time. Once the kids turn to teenager you have an entirely different list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh oh! Thanks for the heads up! :)

      Delete
  4. I do love grocery shopping! My son loves the cart and says hi to everyone in the place. I go when I can't think of anything to do. What a loser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like going to the grocery store, its a treat to go alone though since it NEVER happens!

      Delete
  5. Sorry I'm behind here...but great list! I identify with so many of them. It's scares me to death when I hear my mother's voice come out of my mouth. I also savor nap and grocery shopping time. Except for the times I take a kid grocery shopping with me and I usually end up thinking, why did I do that?
    Does your kiddo eventually have fun in the snow after you drag him outside? I can totally see my kids doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha he did finally play for a while. he mostly felt the need to mow the snow with his lawn mower :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna