Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WTF Wednesday - 1.11.12

Jakah is in love with trains. We talk about trains all day long. And since his birthday is coming up in a few weeks I decided to throw him a train party. Of course the poor kid was born on Superbowl weekend and always (always!? ok for 2 years!) has had to have his party on Superbowl Sunday. Mostly because I work on Saturdays during tax season.

Anyways back to the train party. Do you know how hard it is to throw a train party that doesn't involve Thomas the Train!? Freaking ridiculous! Because I hate Thomas! He annoys me! and he is kinda mean.

So I have been going crazy trying to figure out what to do without involving Thomas.

Yesterday I finally gave up and made my own invitations. Its not really what I wanted, but all the ones I wanted were damn expensive! $2 each for a custom invitation that I had to wait to be shipped to me yikes!

Here is what I came up with



Choo Choo
Jakah is turning 2!

Come over and celebrate with some
Lunch and Cake
Sunday, February 5th - 11am

The Neilson Station
1234 Your Rd
This city, That state

RSVP to Audrey


So I will just cut this out and glue it onto some blue paper I have. Now onto finding decorations and other stuff NOT involving Thomas!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know Thomas was still popular! See how long it's been since I've had a young one????

    The invitations will be adorable and you should buy Jakah a new small train set to decorate the cake with!Just take images off of the computer and you an decorate with that and some nice solid colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I see the words didn't show up! Guess I shouldn't write posts at 5 am :) Acutally I borrowed a cake mold pan in a train shape, so that part is done!

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna