Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Listicles - Passions

This week Jackie of Not Wifezilla picked out topic in honor of her friend.

List your passions

And while she hoped we would have a beer (or other libation) while we wrote our list, I cannot... But don't think I don't REALLY want one now!

So here are my passions

10. Reading - I have always loved reading


9. Traveling - I love seeing new places and having new experiences. So far I have been able to see Ireland, Costa Rica, Spain, Morocco, and Fiji. I have so many other places on my list also!


8. Taking pictures - As you can tell I love taking pictures. They may not always be the best, but I have so many of them. I love looking back and remembering what we were doing.

7. Cooking - I enjoy cooking, and coming up with new recipes. Although sometimes I burn myself out on it


6. Movies - Its a weird passion, but I enjoy just sitting and watching movies. Especially independent films and old movies. They are some actors best work


5. Blogging - It gives me something that is just mine. I can share my thoughts, opinions, feelings and whatever and its just mine

4. My boys - They are my world. I do not know what I would do without them

3. Construction / Remolding / Designing - I love just walking thru Lowe's and looking at appliances, faucets, flooring, mirrors, cabinets.... I love coming up with a concept and seeing it put together. We have done 99% of the work on our house ourselves. And came up with most of it ourselves. I love seeing it all come together. And the smell of wood....














2. Family Time - I know my children will look back and remember things we did. And I want the memories to be more about time together than things bought. It is important to me


1. Baking - Not to be mixed up with cooking. I LOVE baking. I wanted to become a baker. Who knows, maybe someday I will. I love it. Here are a few of the cakes I have made for birthdays





This is linked up with The Good life and her Monday Listicles!



28 comments:

  1. Love the pebbles! I wanted the floor of our shower stall to be done like that. hubby said too much work :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was hard doing it on a wall because they kept sliding down, but easier than we thought it was going to be! And I love how it came out :)

      Delete
  2. oh WOW do i love all the work you've done to your place!! super nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its only half of it, I couldn't find the downstairs pictures, or the before pictures LOL!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you must bake! You were born to bake!!
    Love what you are passionate about, it sums up a big part of your life so well. Your home is beautifula nd you have traveled so much!
    The photo of your son in his car is brilliant. Should be an inspiration for WA during snow: if I can do it so can you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cakes look fantastic! I love to bake as well but usually the things I make taste a lot better than they look - lol! Great pictures, you have a beautiful little family. I'm a Washington native myself - really enjoyed your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! My food tastes better than it looks, which is why I don't take pictures of it :)

      Delete
  5. What a great list! That shark cake is fabulous, and any time I see someone handy, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The shark was the easiest for me. And I feel the same way when I see what people can sew!

      Delete
  6. Love your list. Cooking is not baking, couldn't agree more. Wish I was more like your #3, good at the demolition part, but DIY means destroyed it yourself around here LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I love Destroyed It Yourself!!!!

      Delete
  7. I like baking too! I wish my things would come out pretty like yours though. All of my stuff is delicious to eat, but hideous to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I only posted pictures of the good ones :) There are many that don't turn out right but still taste yummy!

      Delete
  8. Your cakes look fantastic, as does your remodel! I'm impressed. I'm also jealous of your world travels. I've been to Mexico. The end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I have never been to Mexico! Someday!

      Delete
  9. Loved all the pictures. Proof of your passion. I have a kitchen that needs to be redone and I'd love hardwood floors. Loved your list. What a wonderful full life you live! Good luck on baby #2! -LV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got those floors for a killer deal, I wasn't sure I wanted them in the kitchen but they are kinda of nice!

      Delete
  10. LOVE the work you've done on your house! Wanna come do mine? Just kidding :) I also love reading, traveling, baking... great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tempt me like that! I would be over in a heartbeat!

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh! Those cakes are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Costa Rica! Such a beautiful country.

    I too love the smell of wood. It reminds me of my Grandfather . . . a carpenter with his own saw mill and shop.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your list! And so glad blogging is one of your passions. Love your cakes....you're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting from Monday Listicles

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna