Monday, March 12, 2012

Case of the Mondays

Its Monday. And today I am skipping Monday Listicles. Not because Stasha didn't pick an amazing topic (she did by the way, Women!), but because.........


You heard me, I'm a skipper with a case of the Mondays.

It was one of those days. Daylight savings is kicking my tired butt. On top of that, I had to get up extra early to go nanny (like 4 am! and wake Jakah up that early also!)

Oh and I couldn't have coffee today because I had to go take me glucose test (And I didn't pass out!!!), and then see the Dr for a FFN (fetal fibronectin) test , and then get an internal ultrasound.

So yes I spent 4+ hours at the Dr this morning.

WITH NO COFFEE!!!

AND A VERY TIRED 2 YEAR OLD!!!!

The good news is, when I was done, I actually bought a coffee for the first time in over a year. And Oh it was delicious!!!

And I just got word that I passed my glucose test and iron test! WOOHOOO!

When I was pregnant with Jakah I failed the one hour test by 5 points and had to take the 3 hour test! Ick! So I am so excited I passed this time! And didn't pass out!!!

P.S. I guess this does kinda go with the topic of women, since Men don't have to worry about this kinda stuff!

This is linked up to The Good Life for Monday Listicles

9 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you with the Mondays! Usually it is my favourite day of the week because I get the whole day to myself when husband is at work and kids in school, but today was just one of those days.
    Glad your test turned out alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are on Spring Break so this time change was not so hard this year. It usually knocks me out for a week. Glad the test went well. Good news is that tomorrow is Tuesday.Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job getting through all of that crappy stuff today! And way to treat yourself with the coffee. You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a phase of the moon or something. Practically everyone I know is sick and/or exhausted and had a crappy, crabby weekend. Just think, tomorrow will be Tuesday so things are already looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not leave the house until 2PM. WHich is unheard off!
    I felt bad reading about waking up early, having to get Jakah up early, having to work and the appointment you had to go too. But my heart bled for you when I read you had to do it all without coffee :) Glad you treated yourself to a cuppa! ANd gret news on the test!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And today is Tuesday! It can only get better :) My stand bought breve was AMAZING! And so glad all my tests came back good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh geez! those glucose tests are the worst!! Glad you passed:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally hear you! The time change was brutal for me but the minis seemed to do ok with a little sleepy hangover. A very tired 2 year old is tough, I can SO relate! Glad to hear you passed your test and you got a yummy cup of coffee. It's good to listen to yourself and take a break, sometimes that's the wonderful thing about women we know when we need to just say when!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tests are the worst! And any break, even for 10 minutes is good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna