Sunday, March 4, 2012

Monday Listicles - 10 things I'm Rubbish at

This week Stasha has chosen the theme of 10 things I'm  "rubbish" at in honor of Jessica from My Time As Mom

The word rubbish makes me feel so British Ha ha!

While I don't really like to admit defeat in many things, there are 10 things I am rubbish at and not afraid to let everyone know!


10. Painting pictures / Drawing - unless its a stick person I am horrible at it!


9. Gardening - I can only seem to grow weeds or rocks


8. Cooking out of a box - I can cook fancy elaborate meals, but I burn or ruin Mac and Cheese or Hamburger Helper every time!


7. Crafting - I try and try yet always seem to fail or create a disaster


6. Playing Monopoly - My extreme competitive side comes out and I always lose.... Its been banned from our house by my husband


5. Not shopping- I find an awesome deal and I seem to buy it. What kid doesn't need yet another pair of shoes to add to the 6 pairs he already has. Plus I REALLY love shopping.


4. Waking up happy - I just need some time to be grumpy and alone, preferably with coffee


3. Dancing - I don't even attempt it, no one needs to witness that disaster!


2. Being or Dressing Sexy - I really suck at it and just feel stupid. Its just not me


1. Being Pregnant - I suck at it, The babies try to escape early and I am always on bed rest!


Its OK to admit your faults and know your weaknesses, So What are you "rubbish" at?

This is linked up with The Good Life for Monday Listicles!
 
         


25 comments:

  1. Funny you. I can see Nigella burning mac and cheese too. It is a trade of most great cooks :)
    Hoping this baby defies your odds at being rubbish with #10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally suck at drawing too! And dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be really competitive to get Monopoly banned from your home! I have no trouble waking up happy but I'm quite proud of my lack of dancing ability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stasha, We'll see but its looking to turn out the same as last time :)
    My poor husband said it was just easier to ban it from the house LOL We'll see when the boys want to play it though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to worry- keep cooking up those homemade meals. Hamburger helper and the like don't qualify as real food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true Iza! But my husband loves it, so I try to make it for him once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stick people drawings get a bad rap. I think stick people are cute, and if you can draw one it's a talent! (-: I'm not so great at art myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally #4. Tim wordlessly brings me coffee in bed. Of all he ways our marriage has evolved, this one is the best. I love it that he "gets" this about me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My stick people are pretty good, its the stick horses and dogs that I feel bad about :)
    And Tim sounds wonderful! Before Jakah, Casey and I wouldn't talk for at least an hour in the mornings. He hates them as much as I do

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of anyone burning mac & cheese! That. Is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually have to read the directions to make Kraft Mac but I can whip up some deliciousness with a bunch of random ingredients and no recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your #8 completely validates me. Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone. And #4 too, no one should speak to me until I'm done that first cup, preferably the second.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband says its because I can't follow directions.... But I consider it a talent really

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm also bad at gardeing. I'm great with pets, but kill all living things that are green.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monopoly takes a great deal of self restraint from me, so I understand that completely! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I suck at drawing too! Maybe you can come to my house and cook fancy meals and I'll come to yours and cook out of a box!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a deal Stacey!! :)
    Monopoly is so frustrating!
    And my theory is if everything else is alive then the plants are ok to be dead

    ReplyDelete
  18. Drawing, dancing, and Monopoly! I am with you. My husband and I have agreed our marriage (14 years) is not strong enough for us to play that game. We are both way to competitive. And, (psst!) he's a sore loser!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG - Monopoly! I despise that game. My kids have it in four different versions and they make me play....
    Love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm with you on drawing! That's funny about the boxed dinners. I think I've done the same kind of thing. I guess I think that it's so easy that I don't have to pay much attention and before I know it...it's burned!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I forgot drawing on my list!! I would love to go shopping with one who loves shopping, I totally suck at doing it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Funny how many people are so competitive at Monopoly Ha ha! And burning box dinners. And yes I think they are easy and forget all about them.
    I would totally go shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha. The whole dressing sexy thing escapes me too. Though I have gotten better at Monopoly with age. Maybe I'm just acquiring patience.

    ReplyDelete
  24. former bed rest survivor too. in the hospital no less....where you pretty much have no choice but to do some drawing and crafts when the other kids visit because there is no tv. nightmare.

    and definitely not an early riser....and bring coffee first, ask questions later.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How is it possible you didn't have tv in the hospital! Ugh!
    I heard you get more patience as you get older, so far I still don't have much

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna