Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Listicles - Things that make life better

Its listicle time again! Which means linking up over with Stasha at The Good Life.

This week Terri has chosen the topic of listing 10 things / people / or services that make my life easier... of course I can think of WAY more than 10 things, but since I must narrow the list down, here it is.

10 Things / People / Services that make life easier

1. Mechanics - Not only am I married to a fantastic mechanic, they truly make life easier for a lot of people. People like to trash talk them, but really without a mechanic, who would fix you car so you can get around?

2. Cars - Its the only movie Jakah wants to watch, and while I am tired of watching it, I can put it on long enough to get dinner cooked, or take a shower alone


3. Dishwasher - I love that it cleans, washes, and dries the dishes for me, while I do other important things like laundry.

4. Kitchen- Aid Stand Mixer -  I LOVE my mixer and use it at least once a day. Seriously. I am trying to kill it so that I can get a pretty red one, but so far had no luck. Besides I love baking and would be LOST without this!


5. Garbage / Recycle Men - I am thankful for people who take away all the smelly diapers! Sure they get paid a lot, but wouldn't you want a lot of money to deal with other's garbage? And they usually have to work long days (12 hours) and most the time holidays also!

6. DVR - Without this little beauty I would never be able to watch shows whenever I want to. I'd be stuck watching them while a kid is running around screaming...

7. My Camera - Yes the same one I wrote about breaking yesterday (here) I am desperately trying to narrow down my decisions so I can go get a new one this week! Especially since we are going to see the Easter Bunny on Wednesday!

8. The Internet - Amazing, I can't imagine what I would do without it.... No really what would I do?

9. My Subaru - How weird and awkward to love a car right? But when I FINALLY got to pick out and buy a brand new car just for me, I made sure to get heated seats (which are awesome on this prego ladies back!) and a giant sunroof. Because we don't get many sunny days here, and its nice to have it open! I love it! And its all mine, to make the rules in it that I want. Oh yes that means no eating in it!


10. My Amazon Account / Kindle - They both really go hand in hand right? I Love my Kindle Fire, and would probably not have an amazon account without it. (at least not a paid account) Who doesn't love 2 day shipping on pretty much ANYTHING you can think of EVER (did you know you can by sex toys on amazon?! Not that I was looking, but I may have found it... awkward!?)

Anyways there is my amazing list of 10 things I cannot live without!

Oh and #11 would be coffee.... but that's just a given because who lives without coffee?????

This is linked up with

12 comments:

  1. Great list! When did you get your car? We're trying to pick snacks for our kids to eat in our "new to us" van that aren't very messy. Pretty much, string cheese is it.
    And I love the stand mixer we have, too! I don't bake as much as you do, but I love having it! It actually belongs to my sister-in-law, and she didn't want to keep it in her kitchen because it took up too much room. "Why, yes! I will selflessly help you by taking this to my own kitchen!" Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My subaru just had its 3rd birthday :) I'm just a really mean mom and don't allow any eating. I wouldn't allow milk either but I can stand to hear the screams.

      Delete
  2. Mechanics. That's a great one. I've been riding around for two weeks with the "check tire air pressure" light on. I have no idea what to do other than take it to someone. Pretty pathetic. Agree with all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it to a tire place, you might just need air :) But yet mechanics are important

      Delete
  3. Coffee and Subaru... You must be from Pacific NW :) Not only can you buy sex toys on Amazon but customers are kind enough to write long and detailed reviews to help us making decisions. That is awesomness that is Amazon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know I'm not the only one who knows about the sex toys! And why are the reviews so long and detailed?

      Delete
  4. Ugh, so wish I had a DVR. Now that would definitely make my life easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to lie, my DVR rocks... its the only way I get to watch anything besides the Disney channel

      Delete
  5. My boys have seen that Cars movie a million times too! As far as kid movies go I actually think it's pretty good. (The 1st Cars movie, not the 2nd!)
    I don't love my car, unfortunately. I didn't get to pick it out. It's a minivan, a Sienna, which is fine and all. Just not what I would have picked. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1st one is definitly better than the second one! And maybe one day you'll get to pick out your car! And it not be a minivan :)

      Delete
  6. Your list speaks to me. I have several gifted mechanics in my family. I don't care what colour, I'm just thankful I have my stand mixer. It makes baking a breeze. Off to check out Amazon ROFL

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna