Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pot of Gold Cupcakes

St Patrick's Day is Saturday!!! And its one of my favorite holidays! I'm very Irish with the maiden name of Flaherty, the O part was dropped a long time ago! There's even an Paddy O'Flaherty Whiskey!
Paddy's Old Irish Whiskey

This year I don't get to drink the beer :( So instead decided to celebrate with Pot of Gold Cupcakes!

I love making Sprite cake, but didn't have any Sprite, so used Ginger Ale instead. (because I have a ton of it, only thing that works to settle this prego's stomach!)

Here is the recipe, feel free to use Sprite or 7-up instead of Ginger Ale

Ginger Ale Cake
1 white cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz size)
12 oz can of Ginger Ale

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Mix all ingredients in a bowl for at least 2 mins (or longer if you are like me and leave the mixer running to go fold laundry!)

Drop by spoonful into cupcake liners. I found that 1 big spoonful of green and 1 big spoonful of yellow was just enough!

Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.

Frost with Vanilla Frosting (to look like clouds) and let the toddler add rainbow sprinkles!








These are so Yummy!!! And of course Jakah loved doing the sprinkles :) Hope you get to try them!

This is linked up with:
 PhotobucketIt's a Keeper
 




Our Delightful Home
KitchenFun

10 comments:

  1. Pretty cupcakes! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-5.html

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily - Come on over and get some! :)

    They are pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would imagine ginger ale gives them a great little twist! They look so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't really taste the ginger ale, but it makes them so moist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey -- These cupcakes came out so cute. We did something similar, but I took the easy way out and used a box mix. Thanks again for stopping over to The NY Melrose Family to check out the plane, train and truck wall art. I host a weekly link party on Wednesdays and would love it if you would join in next week. I'm following GFC and LF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good! I've heard of adding sour cream and pudding to cake mixes, but not soda. I'm assuming you split the batter and add green food coloring to half of it? Do you have to add any coloring to the other half or do the yolks color it yellow?
    And nice job to Jakah on the sprinkles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I did split the batter and added food coloring. I did add yellow to make it more gold looking.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna