Wednesday, April 25, 2012

M & M Cookies

A few weeks ago (2 days after Easter to be exact) I bought Easter candy for 50-70% off. Perfect for trying out new types of cookies!


So I tried out Peanut Butter M&M's and Pretzel M&M's cookies. I used my basic go to recipe that is DELICIOUS!

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Created by Me 
Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 box (3.4oz) Vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups (1 package) milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325

Beat together butter, white sugar and brown sugar. I usually let mine go for a couple of minutes.
Add in eggs and vanilla, beat for a minute or two 
           (I like to think longer is better because it gets air in there. Of course I have no idea)
Add in vanilla pudding and beat a little longer
Slowly add in flour and baking soda

Mix until fully Incorporated

Here you would add the chocolate chips, but This time I divided the dough in half, peanut butter m&m's in half and pretzel m&m's in the other half

Scoop onto greased baking sheets. I use a cookie scooper thing (pretty sure that's the technical name)



Bake for 10 - 12 minutes - I did 12 because its a lower temp. 








Both cookies turned out delicious and were all gone within a day! I really liked the pretzel version, but you have to let them cool all the way or the pretzel part is soggy. Its a great way to get rid of extra candy you have laying around, or buy on clearance like me!

This is linked up with
What's cooking, love?
Michelle’s Tasty Creations

15 comments:

  1. Yummy!You have a great blog here! I'm following via GFC and Bloglovin. I'd love for you to come visit sometime!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) Hope you get to try them!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I followed you over from Chic & Crafty Link Party. These sound delicious. I never thought to use the peanut butter or pretzel M&M's but I've used regular. Brilliant!

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Runs through Monday each week)

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite! I can't wait to go over and see your link party! I hope you get to try the cookies too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Come over here and eat some of the cookies I keep making! I think I might be over my cookie craving though

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up this yummy recipe to Creative Thursday this week.

    I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great day.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me! I am having so much fun looking at everyone's projects!

      Delete
  5. I would give my right arm for a pack of pretzel M&Ms right now. So, these cookies? Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look really good! I love both of those type of M&Ms, so I am sure they would be delicious in a cookie. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you there next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get to try them!

      Delete
  7. These look fabulous! Plus the colors are so springy. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna