Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Listicles - On The Road

Yay its Monday Listicle time again!!! Stasha has asked for 10 things "ROAD"... say what?

So here it is

1. Road Trips always seem LONGER than what they really are

2. Have lots of different choices in music, because someone will always get annoyed

3. Let your wife drive, even for a little bit (I only get to drive when someone has had too much to drink!)

4. The "no food in the car" rule still applies, no matter how many times your husband trys to get away with it

5. Always stop when your wife has to pee, or else she ends up in tears and you have to stop in the scary ghetto part anyways

6. Always keep a plastic bucket in the car to hold toys, or just for entertainment

7. Traveling with kids is a whole new concept, and it sucks! Keep blanket around for when they need to sleep



8. Always stop and look at new places, take dorky pictures!



9. Visit new places, eat new foods!


10. Try to have fun and remember, You will now always have stories of "that one time we took a road trip to...."

This is linked up with The Good Life for Monday Listicles


20 comments:

  1. the only one I would have to break is the "no food in the car". it pains me, seriously, but with 3 kids and 500 km to go (that's not a typo), some well timed snacks can buy you another 1/2 hour of driving time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah... but see the no eating rule means we have to stop, and the kid gets a chance to run around... Win Win! :) But I have a feeling the rule may be broken later LOL!

      Delete
  2. I haven't taken my 3 yr old on a road trip yet. That probably makes me a bad mommy but it also means I haven't killed anyone either :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, means your no insane! :) I would avoid it If I could, but my sister lives 6 hours away

      Delete
  3. wow i'm all for donuts, but that one is a little odd looking. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I surprised my husband with a cream filled cock n' balls donut... He said it tasted good ;)

      Delete
  4. lLove this list. Dorky pictures are what dreams are made of . Trust me, they might m=not be on our walls but they are the ones we remember the most. I held it for 3 hours while stuck in a standstill at 5 months pregnant. It was a miracle I made it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you deserve an award for that one! I wouldn't have made it!

      Delete
  5. I think you could use the plastic bucket in #6 to help you in cases of #5.... just saying... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! The thought might have crossed my mind... Luckily my husband felt bad and stopped finally!

      Delete
  6. The dorky pictures are the best and i can't even look at that voodoo donut without laughing. I only wish someone else would drive, being the only driver sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for instilling the no food in the car rule. There's no way I'd have made it anywhere without food in each one of their hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how long it lasts! But it bothers the husband more than the kid LOL!

      Delete
  8. Great list! I have to allow food in the car - because I like to eat in the car :) About your #1 - I always think it's weird that trips to and from don't seem to take the same amount of time. It depends on which you're most excited about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I always feel like it takes less time to get home LOL Maybe cause I've already made the drive there :)

      Delete
  9. #5! Yes, why do they not stop when we have to pee? WHY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they think we are joking! Or my husband likes to make "better time"... ugh!

      Delete
  10. As soon as I saw the picture of that donut, I thought, that's got to be from VooDoo. LOVED that I was right!!! But you know what's weird? I've lived in Portland for almost 10 years and I've never been to VooDoo. I tried once, but the line was too long. I guess I better make it my mission to get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to the one in Eugene on our way to Crater Lake, was no line at all!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna