Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Listicles - Taxes


Monday Listicle Time again! This week Stasha wants us to write how celebrities are just like us. But since I am down to the last 2 days of tax season I'm going to write a top 10 list about taxes (Hopefully, it will be more interesting than it sounds!)

Oh and celebrities are supposed to file tax returns just like the rest of us!

Top 10 things I learn during tax season

1. People with the most work to be done wait until the last minute. Also people with multiple years (at least 3 years or more) like to wait until the last day and then expect all the years to be done immediately.

2. And once anyone hears you do taxes, they will always ask you tax questions.

3. Most people are excited to be getting money back, I don't understand why they wait so long to get it.

4. You get to hear everyone's life story, or sob story about why they haven't come in, or why they owe.

5. Once people get their refund they seem to forget to come back and pay us, so we have to call then 1 billion times to remind them to come in. (sometimes we have to do more drastic measures)

6. Even if people get a pretty hefty refund, they complain about their bill.(doing taxes isn't so easy people!)

7. Lots of people try to do theirs on turbo tax, they come back to us the next year because they did something wrong or the IRS contacted them. We then have to fix last years also. (they will still complain about their bill)

8.  Doing taxes is not always as easy as it looks! Every year I have to take classes to learn the new laws and rules. Every year things get changed during tax season, even after we have filed a great number of returns.

9. Everyone complains in some way about the government.

10. We think the IRS people are idiots just as much as you do!

Hopefully everyone is done with their taxes and has them all filed. If not you have until tomorrow! And you know where I will be until tomorrow night. Doing big returns and tracking people down to come and pay for them! :)

This is linked up with

20 comments:

  1. Ugh. I guess this is my cue to get off the computer and finish mine. Only a few clicks to go, though, so I may be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anything about taxes looks easy!! Great list! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised how many people think its simple :)

      Delete
  3. darling husband did ours (which are complicated b/c we're living out of the country) - but it's good to be reminded that there IS another perspective of tax-time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are pretty complicated, but we do them at my work :)

      Delete
  4. I would stay and write a more in-depth comment but I AM UP TO MY NECK IN TAXES! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more waiting until the last minute! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm just dorky and enjoy numbers involving money LOL

      Delete
  6. You know everyone does complain about the gov't don't they? Rich, poor, around tax time everyone has a complaint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think taxes just gives them another excuse to complain :)

      Delete
  7. You don't make people pay before filing? Ugh. I don't trust people that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would, but my boss is crazy old fashioned like that. I don't trust people that much either, but then again we do have their address and social security numbers

      Delete
  8. You crack me up! Thanks for doing my taxes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for not waiting until the last minute! :)

      Delete
  9. Thank God I'm Canadian and have two weeks left to file.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you are waiting until the last minute :)

      Delete
  10. You have my eternal admiration for the work you do with taxes. I think I would get an eye twitch if I had your job! And I've told you before, we're guilty of filing during the last week or two...and we're some of the lucky ones getting money back! Although our excuse is that my husband has to get his taxes done for his business first before we can do ours, so that lengthens the process, but we could probably get them done earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you mention eye twitch... I've had one for over a week Ha ha! And doing business taxes first does draw it out :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna