Monday, April 16, 2012
Monday Listicles - Taxes
Monday Listicle Time again! This week Stasha wants us to write how celebrities are just like us. But since I am down to the last 2 days of tax season I'm going to write a top 10 list about taxes (Hopefully, it will be more interesting than it sounds!)
Oh and celebrities are supposed to file tax returns just like the rest of us!
Top 10 things I learn during tax season
1. People with the most work to be done wait until the last minute. Also people with multiple years (at least 3 years or more) like to wait until the last day and then expect all the years to be done immediately.
2. And once anyone hears you do taxes, they will always ask you tax questions.
3. Most people are excited to be getting money back, I don't understand why they wait so long to get it.
4. You get to hear everyone's life story, or sob story about why they haven't come in, or why they owe.
5. Once people get their refund they seem to forget to come back and pay us, so we have to call then 1 billion times to remind them to come in. (sometimes we have to do more drastic measures)
6. Even if people get a pretty hefty refund, they complain about their bill.(doing taxes isn't so easy people!)
7. Lots of people try to do theirs on turbo tax, they come back to us the next year because they did something wrong or the IRS contacted them. We then have to fix last years also. (they will still complain about their bill)
8. Doing taxes is not always as easy as it looks! Every year I have to take classes to learn the new laws and rules. Every year things get changed during tax season, even after we have filed a great number of returns.
9. Everyone complains in some way about the government.
10. We think the IRS people are idiots just as much as you do!
Hopefully everyone is done with their taxes and has them all filed. If not you have until tomorrow! And you know where I will be until tomorrow night. Doing big returns and tracking people down to come and pay for them! :)
This is linked up with