Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup / Rolo Cookies

Last week I found the bags of unwrapped mini peanut butter cups and rolos. ( LOVE rolos in case you couldn't tell from all the rolo recipes) I grabbed them up thinking they would be perfect for my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies!

The peanut butter cups ones were amazing, the rolo ones didn't work :( I had forgotten about the caramel oozing out and burning. Ugh! They still tasted good but came off the tray in pieces. Of course I found a Rolo recipe later that had you put them in the middle of a cookie dough ball... duh! I'll have to try that next time!

Here's the recipe if you want to try it yourself And you know you do!


Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Created by Me 
Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 box (3.4oz) Vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups (1 package) milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325

Beat together butter, white sugar and brown sugar. I usually let mine go for a couple of minutes.
Add in eggs and vanilla, beat for a minute or two 
           (I like to think longer is better because it gets air in there. Of course I have no idea)
Add in vanilla pudding and beat a little longer
Slowly add in flour and baking soda

Mix until fully Incorporated

Add chocolate chips This time I divided the dough and half was peanut butter cups and the other half rolos


Scoop onto greased baking sheets. I use a cookie scooper thing (pretty sure that's the technical name)

Bake for 10 - 12 minutes - I did 12 because its a lower temp. 

The peanut butter cup one turned out perfect and yummy


The Rolo ones... epic failure.... but still yummy! Next time must try to put the Rolo in the middle of a cookie dough ball!



Enjoy!

This is linked up with










What's cooking, love?

23 comments:

  1. I am moving in with you. The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do so I don't have to eat all of these!

      Delete
  2. I SO love chocolate chip cookies, the pictures alone are making me want to bake! I say, eat the rolos while the cookies are baking, that way there is no waste! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitly try this recipe!! Its so good! And I might have had a handful of Rolos :)

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm, Rolos. I have such a weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Crazy Sweet Tuesday! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Man.... I want some so bad my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make them! They are delicious! Too good in fact, I need to make more ugh!

      Delete
  6. I'm not going to make these...I'm not going to make these...I'm not going to make these because I will eat everyone and feel gross for weeks...

    Ok, maybe I'll make them just once... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thing about being pregnant... I get to eat them and not feel guilty! But you should make them! They are so good!

      Delete
  7. Well they look good no matter what! I bet they tasted awesome. Cookies with two of my favorite candies, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting! I think those Rolo cookies look divine, even if they didn't stay together (in fact that's even better in my opinion - my baking rule is that I get to eat all the messy ones!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did eat the broken ones, and they tasted better cause I didn't have to share them :)

      Delete
  9. Yum! Both kinds sound delicious! Your recipes always make my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great! They sound delicious. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me a Rolo. These look amazing, like I needed another enabler LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really good. I don't think it matters that the Rolo ones didn't stay together, I bet they still tasted fantastic. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday and I can't wait to see what you have to share at the next party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting! :) And the broken ones taste better :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna