Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1st Haircut

See this adorable boy with curly blonde hair that I love (the boy and the hair!)


Look at it. Its beautiful. Poor guy has PERFECT girl hair that some people would die for. I wish my hair looked that good! Well it had never been touched by scissors. I couldn't bring myself to cut it. What if the curls never came back! Ugh. But it was long. REALLY long. Casey got tired of people complimenting his "daughter". I got tired of him brushing his bangs out of his eyes, because yes, he had bangs... 
One last picture of it wet

So the day came where we had to finally have it cut. Even though neither of us really wanted to do it, it had to be done. I didn't want to buzz it down with clippers like I do Casey's. So we researched places to take kids. Knowing this was going to be torture for both him and us. We found a place that specialized in kids. And even though the haircut costs $20! (kinda expensive for a kid if you ask me!) We went there anyways. Hoping and Praying this wouldn't be as bad as we were thinking it was going to be.

First we took him to play and run around.


Then came time for the haircut. He excitedly picked out which car he wanted to sit in. But as soon as we put him in it and buckled him in it was over.



We tried everything! Put on Cars, his favorite movie


Tried to distract him with looking out the window







Tried to bribe him with a sucker which he wanted no part of and Casey had to eat! Finally after 20 minutes of screaming and crying, by him and me, the hair dresser said "if your happy I'm happy"... She was done. Of course she hadn't really touched his "bangs" and for some reason decided to scrunch and fro up his hair. It didn't look good. 

But we paid and left, we had tortured him enough. We took him down to play some more, ride a kiddie train and eat lunch.


Seriously FRO-ED UP!



Chocolate Milkshakes fix just about anything!




We have slowly been cutting away at the bangs ourselves. Putting on a movie, running in, sniping off a piece and then hiding the scissors when he turns around. Poor kid!








Luckily it has turned out well. He doesn't look too much older (I thought he would look way older!) But it looks so much better now that we have fixed it. And I am so excited that his curls haven't away completely. I love his little surfer dude look! But am dreading having to go thru hair cuts again!



16 comments:

  1. Awww what sweet curls. Unlike you I have no problems getting my kids' hair cuts. But then again, they don't have those curls ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no problem cutting my nephews hair, but he didn't have curls either!

      Delete
  2. His hair looks cute now...you did a great job! I hope the haircuts get easier as he gets older!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I hope they get easier too!

      Delete
  3. I think it looks good on him!!! I learned a long time ago that until they're like waaayyy older it's not worth taking them to the kiddie cut places. It's just too much stress on the poor kiddos!LOVE HIS CURLS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don' trust myself to cut it! I am barely allowed to buzz Casey's hair down with clippers Ha ha! Plus I don't know how to deal with the curls :)

      Delete
  4. He is so cute, before and after! Haircuts just stink for most kids, I think. We had to trim my baby's (toddler's...ahem) hair because it was driving my husband nuts. I didn't take very much off; he still has some curl. Hubs still thinks he needs it buzzed. I say NO WAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily husband agrees with me and doesn't want to buzz it yet. He just wanted him to stop being called a girl! Even though the kid only wears camo and tractor shirts Ha ha!

      Delete
  5. oh my gosh! how precious!! found you via the blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those blond curls!! Don't cut them ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously wish my hair was that awesome!

      Delete
  7. Aw, I love his hair! So precious! My boys have always had a hard time with haircuts, but it has gotten better as they've gotten older. With our youngest, we did the sucker trick, and lucky for us, it worked! If anything, just think, he won't be throwing a fit when he's 13 and getting a haircut, right?
    And I love that picture of your husband and Jakah. He almost looks more pained than your son. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, they were riding a tractor that was dressed up to look like a train! Jakah thought it was awesome. Ah the joys of being pregnant and getting out of things! he he!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna