Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cupcake Poppers

Jakah picked out today's recipe. He has chosen Cupcake Poppers, (link takes you to original recipe)  I originally saw this recipe over a year ago in a Betty Crocker e-mail and had pinned it.

Today we made it!

I started with a Betty Crocker golden vanilla cake mix. I know, I know taking the easy way out! But I am VERY pregnant (36.5 weeks) and taking any shortcuts I can get right now!

Made according to directions.(Oh except we made them blue!)  I made half the batch into regular size cupcakes, and half into mini cupcakes.

Jakah helped by lining the pans

Anyways we baked them for 15 mins at 350 degrees. Let them cool while making the frosting

Marshmallow Frosting Ingredients

(This made just enough for my batch of cupcakes, 24 mini and 11 regular. But I didn't pile them high with frosting)
1 cup marshmallow creme
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
Beat Marshmallow creme and butter together until smooth, add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
The original recipe calls for taking the tops off all the cupcakes and making "poppers" I made 4 of them. I feel like they are cute, but a waste of cake! Need to figure out a different way to not "waste" cake Ha ha!









The frosting is SO GOOD! Yum!!! These would be perfect for a party, especially the mini cupcakes. But again I don't like wasting cupcakes, so I don't think I would make the popper part again! 

This is linked up with
What's cooking, love?

Michelle’s Tasty Creations


18 comments:

  1. YUM! Who doesn't love a blue cupcake? Adorable helper too. I can't wait to try the Marshmallow frosting :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! the frosting was surprisingly good!

      Delete
  2. Cute idea Audrey. The blue color reminds me of Smurfs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does look like Smurfs Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. These are so cute! I love your little helper. He has some great curls. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! He does seem to have the hair all the girls would die for! Wish mine or my husband's looked like that!

      Delete
  4. I have never seen those before - HOW FUN & CUTE!!! I love them, they remind me of the Smurfs too! :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be perfect for a Smurf party :) ha ha!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Heh I only have a few weeks left of eating all these yummy treats!

      Delete
  6. Yum and yum!! My birthday is Monday and I would love to eat 5 of these :) Popping over from NY Melrose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday! Mine is on Sunday :)

      Delete
  7. These look really good! I think they are so cute, but agree that I don't like to waste cake. Maybe there is something you can do with the pieces you cut off. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't really go to waste, just fed them to the toddler without frosting :)

      Delete
  8. Yum! I think I might just make that marshmallow frosting and eat it with a spoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frosting was really good! I may have licked the spatula

      Delete
  9. Cute! My little chef would love those ;) Thanks for sharing! New follower from hop! Love for you to stop on by and follow back when you get a chance!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! :) Hope you get to make them soon!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna