Its Listicle time again! I swear sometimes these lists make Mondays that much more bearable!
This week Stasha's husband has requested we come up with a list of things husband's should do. And really I can think of lots of things that they shouldn't do!
But here is my list of things husband's should do, and yes, Casey does all of these things
1. Cook SOMETHING on the weekend (or any day) - Casey cooks breakfast all weekend long. I went to a party this weekend and mentioned that and all the girls were amazed. They said their husband's never cook for them. EVER
2. Watch your own kids - Preferably without being asked, but whatever. At the same party I overheard many women say "Yesterday was the 1st time my husband has watched both kids alone for an hour."... By the way the kids were 3 and 10 months.... Casey watches Jakah all the time, and has said he will watch both boys when they are here. He encourages it, they need "man time."
3. Help out with the chores - Yes I know I am a stay at home mom, but I am really pregnant, and chase a 2 year old. So thank you Casey for taking the laundry downstairs and starting it for me. Oh and thanks for weeding the garden since I can't do it
4. Stand by your Woman - I may seem crazy sometimes, but back up whatever I am saying. And stick up for me. You know damn well I will do it for you
5. Let me have the remote once in a while - I don't mind watching Nascar, Axe Men, Modern Marvels or any other man show. But once in a while there might be something I want to watch that's not so manly.... Perhaps a cooking show or a chick flick. (actually Casey doesn't mind the chick flicks, he just hates the cooking shows)
6. Compliment my cooking, or tell me if you don't like something - If you don't like what I cook, Tell me or else I will probably make it again and you'll be stuck eating it again! (unless its gross and I hated it!) Same goes for clothing, I will buy you clothes you probably hate if you don't tell me!
7. Take me out on a date - Anything really, just time away from the house with you, doing something not involving cutting food into tiny pieces, or changing a diaper!
8. Text when on your way home - Casey works everywhere on the western side of this state, with different hours every day. Its hardly ever the same place each day. So let me know when your on your way home. I promise dinner will be almost ready, or ready for you when you get home! (still working on this one!)
9. Do the "yucky" chores - Clean the hair out of the drain (blech!), Clean up dead birds the dog catches, or rats, Fix the yucky garbage disposal, or toilet.....whatever it is. Or tell me you don't want to do it and I'll hire someone!
10. Humor Me - When I borrow your shirt, put it on and say "Damn I must be done being pregnant, your shirts don't fit", the correct response in fact is "Yeah I'm feeling a little fat today too" Because yes, it makes me laugh
11. If its My Birthday, Mother's Day or any other significant day, let it be about me! - Chase the kid, let me sleep in, make coffee, take me out, do the chores, whatever. I don't get many days that are about me so let me live it up! (Thankfully Casey did this yesterday even though I can't go do what I want on my 30th birthday)
12. Pretend to be super excited about all the awesome finds I bring home after shopping - I know you hate that I shop, but I am pretty good at it. Act excited when I am excited about something I found on clearance. And an applause when I tell you how much I saved would be great! (yes this includes grocery shopping!)
Luckily I married a pretty amazing guy, who does all of these things on this list! (ok except applause when I go shopping, its a work in progress) Either way my husband is pretty great. Hopefully the boys will learn a thing or two from their dad!
This is linked up with