Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day! The boys spoiled me for sure! Jakah picked out 2 candles and a brothers picture frame and Casey bought me a new watch! They went out and got McDonald's for breakfast (No cooking for me!) and let me lay in the bedroom with only a t-shirt on with the air conditioning blasting and the fan going! (I'm so hot ugh!) Oh and they washed the car and cleaned the inside for me! And installed Jensen's carseat!!
Anyways Stasha has us making a list of whatever we want for Monday Listicles, or that's how I took it. And while I could get all sappy and say how my kids have changed my life, I'm not. I should write about how lucky they are to have me, but that's pretty much a given and doesn't need much explanation.
So instead I chose to list 10 thing I want my sons to learn
(and yes I know one isn't born yet, but I'll teach it to him one day!)
1. To be independent - Yes I will be around to help if needed, but I want You to try something yourself first. Go try to put your shoes on yourself first, if you don't get it, I'll help and you can try again later.
2. To cook and clean - Yes, You are going to learn to cook at least something! And you will pick up after yourselves and do chores. Not just the outside chores either! (their future wives will thank me!)
3. To go hang out with Dad - Not that I really need to do anything to encourage this, but GO have boy time! There are so many things he can teach you that I can't! (Trust me, You don't want me teaching you how to fix a car!)
4. Don't rely on other people to do stuff for you - This goes along with being independent, but just go do what needs to be done yourself! And if you want something done right, do it yourself!
5. Work Hard - Don't take the lazy route. Work as hard as you can at whatever you are doing.
6. Don't give up after the first try - I know things can get frustrating, but the more times you do it, the easier it gets. So stick with it. (unless is truly something you hate, like a sport, at least you tried Oh and you will finish the season!)
7. Be nice to girls - Especially when you are older. Treat your wife how you want to be treated! Help her out around the house. Its appreciated! (just watch your dad!)
8.Learn to fix stuff - Sure being awesome on the computer is great, but don't be that guy that has to call a professional for every little thing! Learn how to fix some stuff yourself, and leave the big jobs to the professionals!
9. Have fun and be silly -Be able to laugh at yourself and don't take yourself too seriously.
10. Be responsible with money - Sure you earn it and its yours, but remember to save some. Don't buy everything on credit and be so far in debt that you can' get out. Buy what you can afford, and it you can't afford it, save up for it!
Obviously I want him to learn other things in life, like make good choices. But I feel like these are just a few pretty important life lessons that I want them to know. And I know they will grow up to be amazing men someday, but for now they are just my little boys! And by the way, I wouldn't change it for anything!
This is linked up with