Thursday, May 3, 2012

Not Your Ordinary Ice Cream Cake

I love ice cream cake, especially the ones from Dairy Queen! But this isn't that kind of cake. I found this recipe a few years ago and love to make it. I've passed it on to a few friends, but now I'm going to share it with you!


Its SUPER easy and so, so, SO good! You can basically do this with any combination. I know someone who used starbucks coffee ice cream and chocolate cake mix! Yum!!!




Not Your Ordinary - Ice Cream Cake 
(originally found at Omnomicon)

1 box chocolate cake mix (or any other flavour)
1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened (again, any other flavour)
3 eggs
1 c water
Preheat oven to 350o. Grease a tube or bundt pan, then dust with cocoa powder.
Beat all ingredients together for 4 minutes, pour into pan and bake 45 minutes. Serve with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar, a thin icing, whipped cream or the frosting of your choice.


I used German Chocolate Cake Mix and Chocolate Ice Cream, Its all I had on hand and the ice cream needed to be used up. For some reason my husband eats all ice cream except chocolate!?





Put a pan under it in the over, sometimes it cooks over and then you have to clean the oven!








Seriously how easy is that?! I like to top mine with plain old whip cream YUM! But I did throw some raspberries we had on top just for fun, and it was so good!


What's cooking, love?

Michelle’s Tasty Creations

10 comments:

  1. Okay. That's really making me hungry. It looks so very yummy. Will have to try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Its too good to miss out on!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks and sounds delicious! I wound never have guessed you could put ice cream into a cake mix and bake it. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a must recipe for a quick cake. And so good!

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! We love Carvel ice cream cake. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Hope you get a chance to make it

      Delete
  4. OK I need this like RIGHT now!!!! I don't care that it's not even 6 am here yet! YUMMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good and I love how easy it is to make. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Hope you get a chance to make it :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna