Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WTF Wednesday - Still Pregnant

WTF!!!

With my first son, I fully expected to go to 40 weeks. Had no problems with it. Even though I had a shortened cervix and was on bed rest, I was pretty sure I was going all the way. So what a pleasant surprise it was when he was born at exactly 38 weeks.

This time I fully expected to deliver early again. Why wouldn't I? I have the same problems this time and last time. Everything should be the same.

But here I sit, at 38 weeks and 4 days (but who's counting)... Its the longest I have ever been pregnant....

WTF...

Normally I wouldn't be annoyed or stressed, but you see I am due June 9th. My husband's work is sending him to Oregon June 11th for training. This training only happens once every two years. So he has to go. Sure its only for two days and nights, but as soon as he gets back he has another training class at his shop that he has to go to.

So the longer I go, the more likely means it will be just me, alone, by myself with a newborn and a two year old. And it SCARES me.... seriously scares me! (Yes I know it seems far away, but really its only a week or so) Worst comes to worst, I could go into labor after he has driven the 6 hours to Portland, and he has to turn around and miss the training all together...

Last time he took the first week off to help out. Let me heal, sleep, help, get adjusted..... whatever. This time it doesn't look like he will get to take time off. Unless this kid gets the heck out!

Last week at the Dr, she said I was 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Great... I told her my predicament. She said she would induce me at 39 weeks.

But that is a last resort, I would rather not be induced if I don't have to (I know, I know I want it all).

She said to go home and walk, walk, walk. And have lots of sex. Yeah..... that's possible with a 2 year old around. Oh and have I mentioned I am huge! Oh and been on pelvic rest for about 4 months.... super fun huh!

Either way, I did those things, and ate pineapple, spicy food, and pretty much anything else short of taking Castor oil (I heard that stuff is NASTY! and doesn't really help!)....

Today I am going to get a pedicure in hopes they rub the pressure point in my ankle. Maybe I'll have to get a massage too, ask them to press the pressure points there too. And at the Dr tomorrow see if she will strip my membranes....maybe... it scares me too. (i'm such a wimp when it comes to this stuff!)

Sigh...

WTF why is this kid being stubborn!!!! Just come out already!

Oh P.S. The Y button on my keyboard doesn't hardly work anymore! Its hard to type out blog posts... WTF!

 P.P.S. - My legs feel like they are only attached by ligaments, and not in socket. It hurts to walk, sleep or sit. And they seem to do whatever they want

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry, Audrey. You definitely have a lot of WTFs going on. I wish these things could be more predictable. And I'm so sorry that you're feeling so uncomfortable. I'll say a prayer that things work out well when Jensen finally decides to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am just disappointed, annoyed and anxious. And the control freak in me is coming out... its so hard no knowing!

      Delete
  2. At least you're finding some humor in it? The little things? haha hopefully that kid gets the heck out asap!!

    Found you through the Facebook hop :)

    Happy to be your newest follower!

    Hopefully you get a chance to check out my blog!

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    p.s. My best friend did the castor oil and it didn't help but she did start doing jumping jacks and the next day out came my niece a week and half late :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Jumping jacks huh... maybe I'll try that after I go out an mow the lawn, and maybe all the neighbors lawns too :)

      Delete
  3. Hold you breath. Oh wait! That's for hiccups. Did you try sex? I can't speak from experience. There was no way he was getting that close to me at 9 months preggers!!!

    Seriously if I didn't live across the country I'd help you with your 2 year old wild man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! Did sex... I'd rather he stay away but at this point ready to get this kid out!!! And I would totally appreciate the help with the 2 year old! Maybe a grandma is around this weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Hi there, I'm a new follower. Found you from Facebook Blog Hop. I am too the mom of boys, but luckily we were blessed with a baby girl almost 2 years ago after 3 boys! Hope you have a safe and healthy birth soon! It would be great if you could follow me back when you can. Blessing to you, your family and your new addition!! http://lifeofblocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I hope this is your lucky weekend!!!!!!!!!! I remember having the same anxiety before my second was born-who would watch my first? husband's job conflict, etc? once it happens---it will all happen! thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far not so lucky ... But It can't go on forever right?! Ha ha!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna