Thursday, June 21, 2012

Homemade Snickers - Pinterest I Did It #1

This week I am starting (probably sporadically) a feature called "Pinterest I Did It"
If you follow me on Follow Me on Pinterest you have probably seen that I love pinning recipes. (and if you don't follow me you should!) Hopefully this will get me to try all the recipes I keep pinning.

I love recipes! And since I haven't really baked since having the baby, I knew just which recipe I wanted to make Casey for Father's Day.

 Homemade Snickers.

The recipes comes from a cute blog called How Sweet It Is and really couldn't have been easier.

There is no baking so you don't heat up the house. And they turned out SUPER yummy!

Here's the original recipe that I used from How Sweet It Is

Ingredients:
2 bags of milk chocolate chips
Peanut Butter
Unsalted Butter
Granulated Sugar
Evaporated Milk
2 jars of Marshmallow Fluff
Salted peanuts
Vanilla Extract
1 - 14 oz bag of caramels
1/4 cup Whipping Cream

Homemade Snickers Bars from How Sweet It Is
makes one 9x13 pan

bottom chocolate layer
1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter

Grease baking pan liberally. Melt ingredients together in a saucepan. Pour into baking dish and spread evenly. Let cool and harden completely (I put mine in the fridge)





nougat layer
1/4 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups salted peanuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in sugar and milk. Stir until dissolved and bring to a boil. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add in fluff, peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Take off heat and fold in peanuts. Pour over bottom chocolate layer. Let cool completely.




caramel layer
1 - 14oz bag of caramels
1/4 cup whipping cream

Combine ingredients in saucepan over low heat. Let melt, stirring occasionally until smooth. Pour over nougat layer and cool completely.

top chocolate layer
1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter




Melt ingredients together in a saucepan. Pour over caramel and spread until even. Let cool and harden completely.

Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Cut to desired size. They get gooey at room temperature.




These were so good! My husband's only complaint was that it made too many. So I cut them up and wrapped them in tin foil and threw them in the freezer. 
This is linked up with:
PhotobucketWhat's cooking, love?
Michelle’s Tasty Creationsmade in a day

PhotobucketCrazy Sweet Tuesday
Love Bakes Good CakesThe DIY Dreamer

41 comments:

  1. Snickers are my favorite candy bar. It is also my weakness and why I have a muffin top! Your pictures look so delicious. I'll be venturing to the grocery store today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my husband's favorite too! They turned out so good! Hope you get to try them!

      Delete
  2. super yum! I have wanted to try these for a while - you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprisingly easy! Definitely thought it was going to be harder :)

      Delete
  3. I saw these on the Thrifty Girls and HAD to comment. Looks so delicious. I love Snickers. Will definitely be giving this a shot at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to try them soon! It was so easy to make and super yummy!

      Delete
  4. Hi! I love your blog! Following you from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop! I would appreciate the follow back! Thanks! -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! :) Can't wait to check out yours!

      Delete
  5. OMG how yummy. I said I wanted a big snickers cake for my birthday and this would have worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious! You should make it!

      Delete
  6. That looks so delicious! Pinning! I'm happy to be your newest follower from Mom's Mingle and would love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  7. Homemade snickers no way! That sounds so good and I like how they turned out, I'm a new follower from a blog hop, love if you followed me at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious! Hope you get to try them :)

      Delete
  8. I knew I came to this site for a reason! I think I could smell the chocolate. :) Coming to you from the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am dying to try and make those!

    I would love for you to link them up at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I can't wait to link up!

      Delete
  10. This looks awesome! I could use sunbutter and non dairy milk to accommodate my families allergies and we are good to go! Thanks for posting! :)
    Stopping by from Moms Mingle Night! Cindy (vegetarianmamma.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, yum, yum! The recipes and pictures you post always make me drool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you make them at your house!

      Delete
  12. Yum. Those look dangerously delicious. Come and visit us. We have terrific things cooked up this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  13. I would be in so much trouble with a pan of these! Yum!! I am following you via GFC now. I would love if you stopped by and shared these at my party ~ http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2012/06/toot-your-horn-tuesday-1.html ... I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Can't wait to link these up!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope to see you at future parties as well :)

      Delete
  14. Audrey -- and Cindy!
    Subbing in SunButter sounds delish. Please, let us know how it turns out. I blog for SunButter so I'm always looking for new recipes, and THIS looks like a winner. I may just try it in our test kitchen, too! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Please let me know how these turn out with the sunbutter!

      Delete
  15. WOWWWW - these look sooooooooooooooooooo good
    I'd love to try and make these as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Audrey,
    This look amazing! I too need to try a few of the recipes I pin lol. So many recipes so little time. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its was fun finally making a recipe I pinned :)

      Delete
  17. Way to go!!! That looks totally YUMMY!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Have a great day! :)

    P.S. Please don't forget to add my button somewhere on your blog. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for the reminder! I swear my brain is mush since having a baby :)

      Delete
  18. Oh yum! Those sound amazing! I love a good snickers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I featured your snickers today at my linky party! They look sooo good! I love it!! Stop by and link something up again!
    Kim@madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring my project! I can't wait to see everyone else's projects!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna