Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer, Summer, Summer Time

Ah summer, my favorite season of the year! Long days, warm nights, whats not to love? The Northwest has some of the most beautiful summers you will ever see. You just have to endure the 9+ months of rain to see it. But its beautiful.

Stasha at The Good Life asked us to list 10 summer memories.

Mine is a mixture of things I remember, and things I want my kids to remember

1. My parents visited here in the summer of 1989, and made the decision to move us here from Arizona. We drove for 5 days, I was 8.

2. July 2005 - We got married. On what seems like the HOTTEST day ever (maybe it was the dress)


3. We usually do a major remodel of our house in the summer... But not this year


4. Bon fires, beers, fireworks and relaxing















5. Baseball Games - With the stadium roof open!

6. It wouldn't be summer without watching the Fair Days parade and a trip to the state fair!




7. Popsicles, Pools, Sprinklers, and Sunglasses







8. Car Shows, Splash Parks, and yummy treats










9. An annual family trip to Ocean Shores (seriously my husband has gone every summer of his life, I have gone the past 10 years. This will be the first year I am not going!) Its time with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.







10. A baby... whenever he decides to show up. 
       Come out already Jensen!!!!

This is linked up with The Good Life



16 comments:

  1. A little boy I baby sit has a John Deere tractor that he can ride and steer himself. I've never seen one like it before! I bet your little guy would love it!
    COME OUT JENSON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband had one growing up, we have been looking for one just like it. I guess because they are steel they cost more cause we can't find one for less than $250! But they are awesome

      Delete
  2. Those were great pics. I remember those days with those cute little boy swimsuits and the diaper sticking out of the top. Love it. We use our fire pit lots in summer too. I didn't have any summer babies, but I was one myself. So was me mum and sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah diapers and swim shorts :) Almost as cute as popsicle stains on his chest LOL! We have no birthday's in the summer :)

      Delete
  3. I have so many fond memories of summer too. Can't wait to make more this year!! The sunglasses pic is so cute. Good luck on going into labor soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem more fun making new ones with the kids! :)

      Delete
  4. What lovely photos. Thank you for sharing. I think Jakkah is the cutest little ham ever. ANd oh my, you were such a pretty bride.
    your hubs going to the shore every year! Just think, your boys will get to say the same one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! :) They will have great memories at the ocean!

      Delete
  5. There really is something about summertime up here in Washington State!!! Ok Jensen you have to come out now...momma and the rest of us really would like to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true! He arrived Tuesday, hopefully I will get a post up today!

      Delete
  6. Looks like you folks had a blast! Richard

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved looking at all your fun summer pics!! and pools, popsicles and parades sounds like a perfect summer day to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a good summer! :)

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful bride you were! I love that picture of Jakah standing in the hole at the beach. There's something about digging giant pits at the beach and getting in them.
    Hope your baby Jensen comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! He arrived Tuesday! Hopefully I can at least get some pictures up tonight :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna