Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cake Batter Rice Crispies - Pinterest I Did It # 3

I've been a little MIA from my blog. Maybe its due to summer, or that I haven't felt like I have anything to write. Or the fact that we are on a diet and trying to lose baby weight so I haven't been baking. Which makes me sad cause I love baking. I just need someone to come eat what I make!

Anyways, its been warm out, and I haven't wanted to turn on the oven. So I tried another recipe I had pinned a while back. (if you don't follow me on Pinterest you should! You can follow me on Facebook now too!)

Cake Batter Rice Crispies! Yum! The recipe is from Give Some Oven and is super easy to follow. I ended up making these, and a cake with the rest of the batter. I'll post the cake another day. 


Cake Batter Rice Crispies
(as always the changes I made are in blue)

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of butter (I used 4 tablespoons)
1 10 oz bag of mini-marshmallows (I also added 1/2 a jar of fluff that I had left over from something else)
1/4 cup of yellow cake mix (the dry part) (I used funfetti)
6 cups of rice crispy cereal
1 -1.75 oz sprinkles (I didn't use that many, I used 1/4 of a container)

Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted completely. Add in 1/4 cup of cake mix. Add in 2 tablespoons of sprinkles. Pour over cereal and stir until it is coated. Press into a baking sheet. (I spray my baking sheet and hands with Pam for this) Top with remaining sprinkles. 

Enjoy!

The cake batter taste was very subtle, I think it could have used more. Or maybe I used too many marshmallows and it over powered the cake batter taste. (I just wanted to use up the last of what I had) 

Either way these are delicious! and should be banned from my house! They are not helping my diet at all! On the bright side, Jakah loved helping with the sprinkles! And taste testing as we made them!



This is linked up with:
PhotobucketWhat's cooking, love?

Michelle’s Tasty Creationsmade in a day

PhotobucketCrazy Sweet Tuesday


Love Bakes Good CakesThe DIY Dreamerloving this crazy lifeOneCreativeMommy.com

18 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Totally Social link up! WOW! Those look SO good! I don't cook or bake, basically at all, but I just may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It is a super easy recipe! You should definitely try it

      Delete
  2. They look very festive! It always amazes me with what people come up with. I would never think to add cake batter to rice crispie treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have never thought of it either, but they were really good!

      Delete
  3. Yum, I love these! Such a great treat. And I agree - NO oven!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A definite plus in the hot summer!

      Delete
  4. Glad I found this through It's a Keeper's linky party. I linked in a salad using leftover roast lamb. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Your recipe looks so good, I can't wait to try it!

      Delete
  5. Oh Yes - these have been soooo pinned! They look awesome - love Rice Krispy treats. :)

    I tried to subscribe by email to your site, but only received an error message so I subscribed to your RSS instead. I'm super-excited for the timing of this linky because all email subscribers to our site will automatically be entered into all of our Summer Reading Weekly Book Giveaways. Have a wonderful day, Renee :) http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for letting me know, I'll work on fixing it!

      Delete
  6. Love Rice Crispies :) My boys would like the cake batter and sprinkles! Thank you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends this week. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to try it! My son had tons of fun putting on the sprinkles :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, those look amaaazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower. I love anything with sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'm hosting a linky party "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These Rice Crispies Squares look AMAZINGLY delicious!!!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rice krispy treats and I am sucker for anything "cake batter" so these sounds right up my alley!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Mealtime Monday! Can't wait to see what you link up tonight!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna