Happy Monday Everyone! After 4 (long) days at the Ocean the boys are home! Hooray! Of course Jakah is a whiny tantrum mess from not napping for 4 days, but its expected. He told me he missed me (awe) and has given me lots of hugs and kisses!
I am frantically trying to get all the laundry done so that Casey can re-pack his bag since he has to head down to Portland tomorrow night for work. Ugh! He asked me if I wanted to go, since I have never been able to go on a work trip with him (due to my work) but of course we would have to take the kids and its too much for 2 days and 1 night. Boo!
Anyways this week Stasha has asked us to list the 10 sounds that drive us bonkers! Sounds like fun!
10 Sounds That Drive Me Bonkers
1. Whining / Tantrums (from any child, but mostly my own)
2.Wood scraping together (I usually hear it when opening and shutting dresser drawers, or play with Jakah and the wooden train tracks, makes me cringe thinking about it)
3. The recorded messages they play over and over while you are on hold (of course I'll call 911 if my kid has an emergency, but I need to schedule a Dr appointment thank you)
4. Crying, the kind that doesn't stop not matter what you do (Jakah had colic, worst sound ever!)
5. The dogs nails scraping against the wood floors, or licking, or panting near me...basically the dog
6. Brakes grinding and screeching
7. Those stupid mini-bikes called pocket rockets (or quads), driving up and down the street at 10 or later at night. Kids are sleeping people! By the way, why are huge adult men riding pocket rockets? (P.S. if you Google pocket rockets you get vibrators heh. Hope my husband doesn't get all excited when he sees that)
8. Teeth grinding, especially at night, around 2 am causing me to not go back to sleep.... (ahem Casey!)
9. That disgusting sound / process of hocking a loogie (makes me gag just thinking about it)
10. Thomas the Train... I hate him... his voice annoys the crap outta me! I won't even let Jakah watch that show
And a bonus one
11. The sound of my son eating sand. Grinding it all up with his teeth (makes me shudder just thinking about it)
So there you have it! I need to go do ANYTHING to get the thought of those sounds out of my head before it annoys me even more!