Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Listicles - Birthdays

Its a rainy, gray Monday here, but its Listicle time!

This week Robbie has asked us to write about birthdays in honor of her daughter turning 9.

So here are 10 random birthday facts

1. I have the only May birthday in both sides of our families. Which is weird cause there are lots of May birthdays.
This is a picture of us from my 21st birthday
2. July is the only month that I don't have to buy a birthday gift in.

3. I turned 30 this year, and I was pregnant so didn't do anything that I wanted to

4. For my 24th birthday I went to Vegas with my parents. They were celebrating their 25th anniversary, 3 days after my birthday. They got married in Vegas

5. Casey had his "mid-life" crisis on his 25th birthday. Other than that year, he could care less if he gets or does anything for his birthday. His birthday is just a few weeks after Christmas, by then I am out of ideas on what to get him.

6. For my 27th birthday, I bought myself a dirt bike without having ever ridden one. A month later I found out I was pregnant. I didn't get to ride my dirt bike.

7. For my 25th birthday, I went sky diving. Casey refused to jump out of a plane with me. He is scared of heights and flying


8. Jakah was due Feb 17th, but decided to arrive on Feb 3rd. Causing me to win my own baby pool. (I had picked Feb 2nd) He also has had to share both his birthdays with Super Bowl Sunday. But it means that people leave faster to go watch the game.

9. I have always made my son's and nephew's birthday cakes. I always think its going to be easy, but at the last minute have to recruit Casey to help me








10. Casey always complains because my birthday is a week after Mother's day and he has to buy me 2 gifts in a row. I tell him to shut it

There you have it. 10 random facts about birthdays around here!

On another note, does anyone know what to do when a 6 week old loses his voice? Poor Jensen can't cry or make any noise. I am waiting until the Dr is open to all, but thought I would ask if this has happened to anyone else?

36 comments:

  1. I'm with Casey on the fear of heights thing! Very cool cakes you made. There must be more to the buying a dirt bike story...I hope you share the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh its not that interesting, Casey has a dirt bike and I wanted to be able to go out with him and ride :) Except now all the off-road areas around us are closed down

      Delete
  2. Yeah I wouldn't jump out of a plane with you but I totally would've bought the dirtbike!!! I've always wanted to learn to ride one! Hey at least you share a birthday month with my Nathaniel now you can't feel so lonely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come over and learn on mine! Its so much easier than I thought! :)

      Delete
  3. I admire your adventurous bad self! You have given that dirt bike a spin by now, right?

    Love your cakes! The train one is SO clever. I thought the rock candy smoke was inspired. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have taken the dirt bike out a few times, although my husband rides mine more. Says its fun cause its small Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. Wow. You really can bake. And I turned 30 two months before I had my now almost 19 year old. Gosh. I was really young back then. And I'll never say never, but the jumping out of the plane?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jumping out of the plane was awesome! I can't even describe the feeling :)

      Delete
  5. Great cakes! My birthday is the day before our anniversary. I joke that it means he can never forget either one. On the other hand, my husband's birthday is the month before Christmas leaving me with no ideas for Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthday's around Christmas are icky! I use all my ideas at Christmas and then scramble to figure something out for Casey's birthday in January

      Delete
  6. Fantastic cakes! And OMG! #7?! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! I would totally do it again!

      Delete
  7. Those are some awesome cakes. And I am so impressed you went skydiving. I am terrified of heights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your adventurous streak and mad baking skills. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jumping out of an airplane and a dirt bike! Your'e very adventurous, I like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shark cake. I have never sky dived. A little jealous and a whole lotta happy for you. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! I went to Snohomish, although I heard there is an indoor skydive place in Southcenter

      Delete
  11. Wow! Those cakes are awesome! You're very talented.

    I'm sorry to hear about Jensen. Did the doctor have any ways to help him? I hope he's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! We went to the Dr and he has thrush, they said it could be causing him to lose his voice. So he is on medicine and we go back on Thursday

      Delete
    2. I'm glad it was something they could identify! I hope he gets to feeling better soon....for all of your sake!

      Delete
    3. Thank you! The antibiotics seem to be working, his voice has returned for the most part, and now I can hear him screaming LOL

      Delete
  12. LOVE the dirt bike cake! Have you ever gotten to ride the dirt bike you bought for your 27th?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have! Its so much fun, I love it :) Can't wait to take it out again!

      Delete
  13. Jealous of your skydiving birthday although couldn't do it now, lost all of my daredevilness (not much to begin with) when I had kids, maybe when they're grown I'll give it a go! Also, loved the cakes, especially the shark, did you freehand it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the skydiving before kids, I am not sure I could do it now with them unless I was older :) And the Shark cake, I blew up a picture I found online and laid it out on the cake and cut it out.

      Delete
  14. That dirt bike cake is so awesome! My mother in law's birthday falls either on or the days immediately leading up to or following Mother's day as well, and her son, my brother in law's birthday is the next day. Needless to say, that trumps Mother's day...and rightfully so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, the dirt bike cake was one of the easiest! I hope they all do something EXTRA special for her on Mother's day!

      Delete
  15. lovely cakes! must be that artist Taurean spirit! LOL
    my son would be all over the Scooby Doo one.

    And, yeah, so hear you about #10. Every year I gotta hear all about this. I guess he forgets his birthday is a week after Valentines.

    never heard about the baby losing voice thing, sorry. hope all is okay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only an artist when it comes to cakes! My stick figure drawings are horrible :) And husband's are silly! Don't they know they are the ones that gave us mother's day! Ha ha!
      I took Jensen to the Dr and found out he has thrush. They think its the cause of a loss of voice. He seems to be getting better on his antibiotics though. We go back to the Dr again tomorrow

      Delete
  16. You made all those cakes?? You did an amazing job! No wonder you like to bake! I hope your little one gets his voice back soon....poor thing :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did, Thank You! And he is doing much better now!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna