Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Cake

So I haven't been baking much lately. Trying to lose the baby weight (10 more lbs to go to pre Jensen! then 10 more lbs to go to pre Jakah!)

And its been hot out, so I haven't wanted to turn on the oven. But I had some buttermilk left over after making my mom the Berry Buttermilk Cake for her birthday.

I couldn't really find a recipe I wanted to try, so I decided to use the base from the Berry Buttermilk Cake and add some chocolate chips in. Casey doesn't really like berries (weirdo!) so I figured he would like this.

Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Cake
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup softened butter
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 package (11.5 oz) chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips, my favorite!

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees

Grease Bundt Pan (PS looking thru my pictures I noticed I make a lot of Bundt cakes....hmmm)

In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside

In the mixer, cream together butter and sugar for about 5 minutes.


At a low speed, add in eggs, one at a time. Add in vanilla and mix completely.

Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture to the batter, mixing until combined. Mix in 1/2 of the buttermilk.

Continue until all the flour and buttermilk are mixed in.

Add chocolate chips and mix.

Add batter to pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes out clean

This cake was yummy! It tasted like a big muffin :) That you got to put whip cream on! I should have made a chocolate glaze to go over the top. But I didn't have the ingredients and I'm lazy.

And apparently I didn't grease my pan well enough...I guess that's what happens when baking with a 2 year old! 


But it still tasted good!



Did I mention I was baking with a 2 year old! Who likes to taste the batter each and every time I stop the mixer to add something else!?




Good thing he's cute!

This is linked up with
PhotobucketWhat's cooking, love?

Michelle’s Tasty Creationsmade in a day

PhotobucketCrazy Sweet Tuesday

The DIY Dreamerloving this crazy lifeLove Bakes  Good Cakes

White Lights on Wednesdays

14 comments:

  1. This cake sounds awesome. I'm a solid believer that drizzling chocolate over any cake will fix anything. ;) I'd love love love to have you come share at my link party. http://www.whitelightsonwednesday.com/2012/08/wednesday-whatsits-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally should have drizzled chocolate, but I was lazy and just wanted to eat the cake :) Thank you so much for the invite! I can't wait to go over, link up and check out all the other recipes!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that I'm following you! What a great recipe, I'm looking forward to trying it tonight. Thanks for posting on DIY Dreamer:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your following me too! I hope you get to try this recipe, and please let me know how it turns out! :)

      Delete
  3. I like your blog. I have just signed up as a follower. Please drop by to Carole's Chatter and check it out. You might like my Food on Friday series which focuses on a different thing. This week it is marinades and rubs. If you like my blog it would be great if you followed me back. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for following Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds amazing! Right up my alley!

    Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow night!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey,
    I have had this happen to me while baking in a Bundt pan too, just use more spray next time. It sounds delicious and and I can't wait to try this recipe. Wish I had such a cute little helper in the kitchen ;) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday each week to share your wonderful posts. Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with my cute helper I forgot to spray my pan better Ha ha! I hope you get to try it!

      Delete
  7. Ha! Aren't little kids just too funny! Thanks for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week! I can't wait to see what you share tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so funny! :) Hope you get to try it!

      Delete
  8. Audrey, I'll take a slice... or the whole cake please!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! Hope you get to make it soon :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna