Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chores Can Wait

I LOVE this post.  It's so sweetly written and so profound....  You, your sisters and your mom are ALL wonderful mothers. @Cate Johnson & Candi
I have a baby who just wants to be held. And a toddler who wants to hang out with me. And here I am frustrated and stressed. Worried that I can't get everything done during the day.

But why? 

Why should I stress myself out with chores?

I don't mean not doing anything at all, (obviously we'll have clean clothes, and dishes, etc) but why stress and worry about them?

Why shouldn't I just sit and hold my baby? Or go out and run thru the sprinkler with my two year old, or just sit and play trucks. I have the whole rest of my life to clean and do chores. but my baby won't be a baby for long (I can't believe he is 2 months already!) and my toddler won't always want to hang out with his mom. Sooner than I want or even realize, they will be grown up. In the blink of an eye really.
<3

So for now I am just going to enjoy them. Hold the baby a little more, watch a movie with my two year old. Or go outside and eat popsicles. Because they soon will be too big to just be held. Or too busy playing with friends and with school to hang out with their mom. Of off to college, getting married and starting their own families.

So for now, I'm just going to enjoy them

Truth
Do I want them to remember a mom who was crabby cause toys are everywhere and she can't sweep the floor? Or a mom who was happy and playing with the toys with them? 

I think I'll just play with them. Cause chores can wait.

Today I am Pouring My Heart Out with Things I Can't Say

20 comments:

  1. very sweet… brought tears to my eyes. I remember those days and wish I had them back again. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! No matter how big your boys are, they will always love their mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! :) but for now I will take what I can get

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I try to only clean when A is asleep or wants to help clean, it's so much more fun to play with her & just enjoy our day together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do them when Jakah was napping, but with 2 on different nap schedules i only get 30 minutes alone total, and I use it to shower lol!

      Delete
  3. You are right - chores can wait, babies come first :)

    Stopping by from Shell's PYHO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Such truth, here.

    Stopping by from PYHO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post---it's hard to think like this sometimes...but yet so true! Thanks for the reminder;)

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I need to be reminded too :)

      Delete
  6. I love your approach! I think we all have to remind ourselves that later may never come and we need to take advantage of the moments when we can laugh and play with our babies TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good reminder and is something I'm working on all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a life long process, and I will need lots of reminders on it I am sure

      Delete
  8. As a mom of a almost 17 year old and then 3 little ones (7, 5 & 2) I can tell you it all goes way too fast!! Love your babies!! The other stuff will wait, such a great lesson. I've given you an award. I should have it posted soon. Come visit me at http://lifeofblocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need this reminder daily. I also need someone else to clean my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, But really I have just lowered my standards of cleaning. Its just going to get dirty again, usually right after I clean it. So why stress?

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna