Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hormones are a bitch

You read that right, they suck.

For two days I have been in a crappy  mood and just crying.

Crying over what you might ask, anything and everything.

My husband went to town, I cried when he asked me to go. He took me to the jewelry store, to pick out a gift from the baby to me. (Because he is nice and buys me jewelry when I push a kid out of my vajayjay) but instead I cried. And it wasn't tears of joy, it was just tears. (Who does that?)

I can't explain why. Other than the fact that I feel like a crappy mom and I shouldn't get anything.

I cried because my sister accidently broke my camera I have had for four months, and then cried because I can't get a new one.

I cried when my husband tried to give me a back rub.

And then suddenly around 3pm yesterday I was fine.

Sigh

Its crazy.

Maybe its hormones and being completely exhausted. The boys aren't sleeping at night and they don't coordinate being up at the same time.

I am so tired only getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night. My husband never hears them get up.

I am pretty sure he thinks I am going crazy.
Maybe that's why he sent me out for a pedicure today.

P.S. I wrote this while getting a pedicure using the blogger app. Its cool

8 comments:

  1. These days will end and you will get sleep. Although your hubby does not hear the little ones in the middle of the night, don't forget that you, the mamma, is the center of the universe in your family! You rule supreme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, its always good to be reminded of those things sometimes

      Delete
  2. Aww Audrey. I feel for you! As the kids get older you forget all those crying spells and crabby moods. All you remember is how much love and joy the children brought you. Do not think for one moment that your husband or kids no not love you. Those negative thoughts are coming from a sleep deprived brain. That does suck about your camera. I'd cry over that no matter the circumstances!! {{{{HUGS}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sleep deprived brain and negative thoughts are a bad combo! I should know better than to listen to that voice, but it just got to me this weekend. I didn't even break my camera this time, someone else did and they can't afford to buy me a new one :( And it still makes me sad

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry, Audrey. It's amazing what exhaustion and hormones can do. I especially think the exhaustion is a biggie. Would your husband be able to take a turn getting up? Like you waking him up when one of the boys cries? I always felt bad and didn't want to wake up my husband, but he finally told me to when he realized how little sleep I was getting(he was able to sleep through it all, too). And I'm sorry about your camera. That stinks. :(

    I hope this week is better for you. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its that negative voice in my head, the same one you wrote about. I should know better than to listen to it, but this time I did. And I usually don't wake him up because he has to go to work, where I don't. So yes I do feel bad too. I might have to next weekend though. It doesn't help that I felt horrible yesterday with a cold, that my husband gave me.
      And I am still made about my camera, someone else broke it but they can't afford to buy me a new one. And I just bought it so I don't think I can afford another one either.

      Delete
  4. I feel ya, mama. It will get better. So glad you got a pedicure - at least it's a little something for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice, the first time in 2 weeks I had been alone. Maybe that was part of my problem too

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna