Friday, August 10, 2012

Liebster Award

Recently two lovely people have awarded me with the Liebster Award.

Dana from Simply You and Me and Anastasia from In The Shadows of Life

The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome



The Rules:
1. Share 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who tagged you
3. Tag 11 people
4. Ask them 11 questions

11. Random Facts
1. I hate wearing dresses
2. I love baking, but rarely eat what I make
3. My favorite movie is "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
4. I like looking at old cars
5. I enjoy mowing the lawn
6. I love watching Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives, and want to take a road trip stopping at the places to eat
7. I have little patience
8. I have always wanted to go to Greece
9. I have 2 tattoos
10. I have tiny hands and feet (I can wear kid shoes)
11. My middle names starts with M and it isn't Marie (unheard of in 80's babies!)

Now onto the 11 questions from Dana

What side of the bed do you sleep on? I sleep on the right
At what age did you start wearing makeup? Did your mom know and approve? I think I was 16ish, my mom didn't seem to care as long as I didn't look like a clown
Do you think you're strong.... emotionally? No, but I am really good at faking it
Do you play music when you are alone in the house? Sometimes, but I usually have the tv onto something I want to listen to
Have you ever eaten an "exotic" meat? (moose, alligator, snake) Only elk, does that count?
Chocolate or sex? Sex, I'm not a huge chocolate eater
Do you wear slippers? No
What is the most unusual thing in your purse? A toy train
It's your last mean; what will you have? Lasagna and Garlic Bread
What usually wakes you up? The baby, or my husband leaving for work
What's your drink for the summer? Beer or a yummy margarita

11 questions from Anastasia

What books are on your night stand right now? I don't have a night stand, but my kindle has "Water for Elephants" and "Lone Wolf" waiting to be read.
What was the last movie you watched in the theater? The Avengers
Are you a crafter? What's your favorite craft? No, I pretend to be but usually just make messes
Are you a collector or a purger? More of a purger
What's your latest addiction? Funny e-cards
What's your favorite thing to do during your "mommy time"? Go get a pedicure, or go shopping
What's your favorite stage of childhood? I don't really have a favorite, maybe around 4? They are independent yet still want you to do stuff with them
Coffee or tea? Favorite type/flavor? I love coffee! But I am digging iced green tea right now
Favorite indulgence? Vanilla Breve's.... so creamy and yummy!
Favorite Season? Summer! Long days and nice weather
Favorite Holiday? St. Patrick's Day! Its just fun and you don't have to buy gifts for everyone

Now my 11 questions to others
1. What do you like to do on date night?
2. How often do you buy yourself anything when out shopping?
3. Do you have your husband cook dinner?
4. What is your #1 go to recipe to make?
5. Do you read celebrity gossip?
6. If you could have any pet, what would it be?
7. When picking out baby names, did you share them? or wait until the baby was born?
8. What's your favorite Olympic sport?
9. What's your favorite flower?
10. Do you have a book you have read over and over?
11. Do you enjoy camping? Or staying in a hotel?

And the 11 bloggers I pick are.............

Jennifer at Just Jennifer
Michelle at Normal Chaos
Marilyn at 4 You With Love
Mary at Sweet Little Blue Bird
Emily at then along came the boy
Emily at So Domesticated
Kaylee at Couponing & Cooking
Amanda at Life, Experience Needed
Monica at Peeper Summerized
Kristin at Kristin's kNook
Sara at Mommy Summers

12 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Thank you :) I'll get to this over the next week before I leave for NY for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower - I found you on Anastasia's blog - I was also awarded the "Liebster Blog Award". You have a wonderful blog! I'd be so pleased if you would followed-back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'll see if I can fit this in sooner than later! Also, if you are interested I'm having a blog design giveaway here!

    http://findingmywayintexas.blogspot.com/2012/08/29-birthdays-1-blogiversary-big_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award! The only exotic meat that I can think of that I have had is ostrich. I had an ostrich burger when I was in Scotland 12 years ago. It was pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have never guessed ostrich in Scotland! I'm kinda a weeny when it comes to trying stuff like that lol

      Delete
  5. Hi Audrey! THANK YOU, you are so sweet! I loved reading all the random facts about you. I've been by your blog, but on my smart phone and haven't left a message....CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEWEST ADDITION!!!

    I've been gone most of the summer, but I'm back and getting to a regular routine. You'll see me more!

    Thanks for the award! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank You Mary! Hope you have been having fun during your summer!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna