Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Listicles - All cars all the time

Its just another manic Monday! Or should I say Monday Listicle time! This week Stasha asked us to write about cars. Anything we want about cars.

Being married to a mechanic means I know way more about cars then I probably ever need to (or want to for that matter). Last night he educated me on axles and some thing he is looking at buying for his truck that involves the axles. Please don't ask me to explain anymore cause I can't.

10 things about cars

1.My first car was a 1974 Dodge Powerwagon. It was ugly and beat up and usually broke down on me at least once a week. I used to take it out 4 wheelin' in high school. I usually beat all the boys in their Toyotas.

It kinda looked like this, but it was green


2. Casey bought his first brand new car a few months after we started dating. A few years later he gave it to me. I loved it and didn't want to trade it in. It was lifted, had fancy rims, and nice tires. (you know all that stuff you spend money on when you don't have kids) I still miss it, It made me feel cool driving it

This is the only picture I could find of it on the computer


3. I really love my Subaru Forester. I will probably buy another one when I have to. I love it even more since its paid off, 3 years early. We bought it thru the Costco auto program. We didn't have to negotiate a price, just our trade in.

It looks like this


4. I never want to own a minivan.

5. My husband bought himself a bigger truck. Even though he fixes diesel engines, we couldn't afford the diesel truck. They wanted $12,000 more just for the engine. The truck only gets driven on weekends, so we couldn't justify spending that kind of money for a truck that just sits in the driveway

Its big and Its fun to drive, but I don't really drive it often. Hard to get kids in and out of


6. He also has a 4 runner project truck
I'm not allowed to drive it (don't really want to anyways)

7. I really enjoy looking at old cars. And there are quite a few I would like to own

8. We go to a lot of car shows in the summer. Seriously at least 5 a year

9. Jakah has several vehicles in his name already. And can drive better then some adults I know




10. After thinking about it, my whole life revolves around cars. If we aren't driving cars, we are playing cars, or watching cars, or looking at cars, or reading about cars. And sometimes we even fix our cars.

Yep its car time all the time here!

32 comments:

  1. Oh, this was such fun post. Love the pics of your first car and your little guy in his wheels. Adorable. Sweet piece. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for mini vans either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like he takes car of his cars too! We are looking for a car to replace my husband, and he will not be buying a mini-van...he wants to buy a truck, my only requirement is that it can hold all of us and carry all our stuff, if it fits those things I'm pretty much game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does, thankfully he's not a mechanic that puts his cars last! The big truck is nice, and fits everything both boys need. Luckily we found a used one with low miles for pretty cheap. Its fun to drive around, its just much bigger than my little forester ha ha!

      Delete
  4. I am seriously coveting your hubby's truck. I can't help it: I'm a country girl at heart and dream of carting horses in trailers around rather than whiny children. Heck, I think I'd leave my whole family for your hubby's truck. just kidding. maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha I do agree on being a country girl. I really missed having a truck when we didn't have one. If you leave your family for his truck you'll have to take him with you. I doubt he'll leave it

      Delete
  5. Love those trucks and I'm with you. I've driven some old beat-up cars, but never had the mini-van. Though when I needed to drive one when my car was being fixed I really did like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my forester was being fixed they gave me an outback, and I didn't like that either Ha ha!

      Delete
  6. No wonder you bake! It is like an antidote to the manly car stuff in your life. And one must have a Subaru in WA. It is your birth right really as a native :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Stasha! And really I wasn't born in WA, but must have lived here long enough to love the Subaru

      Delete
  7. Your son is absolutely adorable!

    A paid off car is the best car in my opinion too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! And yes, a paid off car is the best! Especially when its paid off early!

      Delete
  8. There's a log of trucks in your life! We have a 12 year old Subaru Outback - my son drives it now. Not the "coolest" car for a 17 year old boy, but we know it's safe and drives and runs great. It's been a great car for this family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lots of trucks! There's even more I didn't talk about Ha ha! I'm sure my son will eventually get my forester. It will be equally not cool

      Delete
  9. Wow, car-wise you're really at the source! Those big trucks really impress me everytime I see them - can't really find them in Germany because you could neither afford gas nor find a parking space with them *g* But I guess we're all secretly looking for a good enough reason to own one! My car would be #7 - this is a fine car! xo Anja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how hard it would be driving a big truck in Germany! Sometimes its hard to drive them around here! #7 is just so pretty :)

      Delete
  10. I couldn't stop thinking that the first truck you pictured looks just like Bella's in Twilight! And now I can't stop thinking it's pathetic that's what first came to my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just asked my husband, because he is more of a twilight watcher than I am (shhh its a secret) But he says Bella drove a Chevy. I won't tell you how he went on and on telling me the difference in Chevy and Dodge....

      Delete
  11. Love the pictures of Jakah...he certainly got the car genes. :) And I imagine it would be hard to lift Jensen's car seat up into that big truck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly did get the car genes :) It is hard lifting Jensen in, but its just cause I am so short. I have to lift the car seat over my head and then climb in myself to click it in.

      Delete
  12. I love looking at old cars too. I make my husband take me to the car show every year. He thinks it's funny. I guess there's just something cool about cars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely something cool about old cars :)

      Delete
  13. So MUCH FUN! I can relate...Irishman is in the process of restoring a 65 Chevelle. Just dropped a new engine into it and will be rewiring the dash soon. Got the brakes all redone a few weeks ago...I grew up around hotrods so I know my way around decently (for owning a vagina and all) but there does come a point where I glaze over and just nod in agreement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my husband was restoring a 65 Chevelle I might be more interested :) But really all I hear about is stuff for his regular truck or his 4 wheelin' truck. But I did impress him the other day with my knowledge between and automatic locking hub and manual locking hub :)

      Delete
  14. I can say that you and your family are really into cars! Who doesn’t love cars? I mean, we all have our dream cars, right? Anyway, I hope you’ll have more cars in your life! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Audrey! I just wanna ask why is it that you’re not into having a minivan? Well, with a family of five, a minivan is really the ideal car for us. Haha! It could fit us all comfortably and it offers plenty of space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minivan's just aren't for us. We only have 4 people anyways :) If we need to use one we just borrow grandma's, which my son loves cause it has a DVD player!

      Delete
  16. Looks like a list of 10 is not enough to share the cars in your life. Did you, by any chance, try to learn how to fix cars? I can see that you're not a fan of huge cars; minivan, truck, 4 runner project truck, are a no-no for you. May I know what's your ideal family car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is a mechanic, so I don't fix the cars he does. I enjoy smaller family vehicles, but not cars. Small SUVs, and trucks

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna