Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Camera!

I don't know if you all remember, but I briefly mentioned that my new (4 month old) camera was accidentally broken by my sister. Or should I say my son, who chose to body slam her causing her to drop my camera.

Unfortunately it died. Its being sold on Ebay right now for ridiculously cheap. (along with some other things to pay for my new camera) Hopefully someone smarter than me can fix it and use it.

She can't afford to buy me a new one, and really it was my son's fault. And I can't not have a camera with kids around, especially a baby!

So back to researching camera's AGAIN! And while I would love one of the fancy ones with a lens and everything, I like the point and shoot cameras. (and seriously that is the second one that I have broken this year. So this time I bought a warranty!)

I decided to go with a Sony Cybershot DCS WX150.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150 18.2 MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCDSony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150 18.2 MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD
It ended up being a little more than I wanted to spend. But the Canon's all have touch screen panels and no buttons on the back. And I didn't really like that feature. And the last 3 camera's I have had have been Canon. Figured I would try something new. (also if I don't like it, my luck is that I'll break it soon and have to pick out something else anyways)

Anyways I am really liking the Sony. It has a lot of cool features that I have been playing around with. Way more than the Canon had.

Like a food setting....

Makes my regular old tacos look yummy!

And it has an infant setting


For capturing this sweet little guy

And a few cool settings I probably won't use often, but they are fun


The next pictures of flowers shows off all the artistic settings it has












I know I'm no professional, But I feel like my pictures are crisper, cleaner (although not my house) and look better. 







I am really happy with the Sony. (maybe even a little glad my other one got broke so I could get this one!)

Now lets just hope I don't break this one anytime soon. Although if I do, I'm at least covered with a warranty!

These are my own opinions. Sony didn't pay me anything for this review. Although they are more then welcome to send me a free camera :)

9 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for the day when A breaks our camera & we have to get a new one, I know it's going to happen sometime. Looks like you found a pretty great camera!

    Sara
    mommysummers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand it over to me, I'll break it for you :) I'm pretty good at breaking cameras Ha ha ha

      Delete
  2. Which one is that again? I know you told it to me already, but I deleted it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sony Cybershot DCS WX150 Here's the link from Amazon
      http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-WX150-Digital-3-0-inch/dp/B006K553TM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1345583926&sr=8-4&keywords=sony+cyber-shot+dsc-wx150

      Delete
  3. My first time at your blog, your photos are amazing! I love the color accents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I'm really having fun with the color accent options :)

      Delete
  4. So glad you were able to get a new camera and that you've been enjoying it! Those are some great pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might want to try out GotoCamera's free webcam software. GotoCamera is EASY to set up and easy to use. All you need is a webcam (a USB webcam such as those made by Logitech, Creative, etc, or even the webcam integrated into your netbook / notebook) and a Windows PC, and you’re ready to start. Once your camera is set up, you can turn on recording schedules, configure motion detection, share your camera with family, and access it from any browser, including your iPhone, so that you can remotely monitor your camera's recordings. You can watch over your children any time you wish. This is perfect for people who can't afford a nanny to watch over their kids when they're away from home. At less than $4 a month, it makes complete sense to me. Give it a shot, try their 1 week free trial and let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna