Thursday, September 13, 2012

Brownies - Pinterest I Did It #5

Normally, I make brownies from a box, cause lets be honest Ghiradelli box brownies are pretty fantastic. And honestly I always thought brownies were super hard to make. Not really sure why, but I did. But I didn't have any Ghiradelli box mix on hand.

And sometimes you just really want a good ol' brownie.

So off to Pinterest I went. Cause where else can you basically find ANYTHING?! (other than Google)

I found this recipe. It was super easy, and made yummy fudgy brownies. Cause I don't like the cakey kind. And yes those are totally technical terms for brownies!

Best Brownies

(The reviews on the recipe said to double it because its so good, so I did, cause I always do what I am told bahahahaha)
So for 32 brownies (in a 9x13 dish)

1 cup of butter
2 cups of white sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Grease a 9x13" pan

In a large saucepan, Melt butter and remove from heat.
Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla
Mix in cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder

Spread evenly into pan

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes (I did 25 so they were fudgy)

Remove from oven and enjoy! (you might want to let them cool, but warm brownies are yummy!)






I had to actually wrestle these last two out of my husband's hands so I could at least get a picture of them!

Are they better than Ghiradelli? No, but they came in a close second! And were so easy to make!

There is also a frosting recipe with the brownies, but honestly I'm not that into frosting. So I am not sure if it is good or not.

This is linked up with
What's cooking, love?Crazy Sweet Tuesday

Michelle’s Tasty CreationsThe Frugal Girls

made in a dayThe DIY Dreamerloving this crazy lifeLove Bakes  Good Cakes

PhotobucketWhite Lights on Wednesdays

4 comments:

  1. YUM! i needed a good brownie recipe and i think i just found it! pinning these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, These look delish! Love homemade brownies. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week. Have a great weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Hope you get to try them

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna