Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Listicles - 10 Things about My Wedding

This week, for Monday ListiclesStasha has asked us to list 10 things wedding! 

I've been to a fair share of weddings, even been in a few. But my list is going to be 10 things about my wedding! Cause its the only one I am an expert on.

My wedding was just a little over 7 years ago and of course I had to do all my planning the old fashioned way, you know, without Pinterest!

10 things about my wedding

1. We picked July 24th because there is a 5% chance of rain. Our wedding was outside, so we wanted as little of a chance of rain as possible. Turns out it was stinking hot! (maybe just me in my dress!)
Did I mention it was hot!

2. My colors were black and white, before it was a trendy thing to do. (I must have started the trend!) I debated adding a color, but so many told me that I HAD to, so I rebelled. Yes, even my flowers were black and white.



3. My cake was a re-creation of my grandparents cake that they had at their wedding. I still love it





4. Our photographer was horrible. We had hired one, that had done other family members weddings. She had a death in the family and wasn't going to make it. Her assistant had to "convince" her (ie she got a huge bonus! and told us about it!) to come out and take pictures. I didn't get any pictures I wanted taken, you know likes one with my family and my husband, or a picture of my husband's face when he got to see me for the first time. (the whole reason we didn't see each other BEFORE the wedding!)

5. We were married at a log cabin on a Sunday. Its the only place that let us bring our own caterer (we had Hawaiian food made by a friend) and we were able to keep the place for 22 hours! Most of our wedding party stayed and partied with us all night long. Our names are also carved into a pole in the middle of the cabin.




6. I bought my dress at David's Bridal, and had it altered to what I wanted. I liked everything about it, except that it was strapless. So I had criss-cross straps added. And had it taken in a ton because I was freaking skinny and lost all kinds of weight! 






7. For my "Something Blue" I wore blue tennis shoes

8. My flower girl is someone I started babysitting when she was a baby, now she is 13! She didn't like most guys, but she loved Casey





9. It is the only wedding either of my grandparents were able to go to before they died. And I was the only grand kid they got to see get married.



10. Family drama way out of our control happened, cause well all the family was together in one place. (it happens!) We tried not to let it ruin our day, but I swear there were points where you could cut the tension with a knife!

and my one piece of advice for anyone getting married...

Don't stress out on the little details, its one day, to celebrate your love. No one will  notice if the favors aren't tied just right, or if the seats are just a little bit off! Enjoy yourself! That one day that you planned and worked so hard for goes by faster than you think!

Here are more random pictures from my wedding, because really how often do you get to show off wedding pictures anymore?






















18 comments:

  1. Definitely good advice about not stressing out, something always goes wrong!! Nice photos (even if you didn't like the photographer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank You! Most of those are ones taken by friends practicing their photography!

      Delete
  2. It looks like a fabulous day! You can't even tell in the photos that it was ungodly hot. Do you have a photo of the log where your name is carved?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I don't! I wonder if I could go back and get a picture of it!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures even if you didn't get what you paid for. Your dress is gorgeous! I can't believe that you were able to have that place for 22 hours - and how beautiful at that. That is sooooo stinking awesome! Like a dream wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its so unheard of to get a place for 22 hours! They had inn keepers that served us breakfast! I don't think they do that anymore

      Delete
  4. looking beautiful in that gorgeous dress.....and oh so utterly cool in those blue tennis shoes!! I love that.
    I was an idiot and wore the fancy heels - and refused to let anyone see me limp! LOL
    And the cabbage patch doll bride and groom?! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my Aunt made the dolls dress to match my dress. I still have them :) I never wear heels, so I wasn't wearing them for my wedding!

      Delete
  5. Love the blue shoes! You looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! The shoes really did make the whole dress :)

      Delete
  6. That cake brought tears to my eyes!! What a sweet idea. I love those blue tennis shoes - you are obviously very cool! (I knew that already!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my cake! Its one of my favorite things I did. Other than the blue tennis shoes! :)

      Delete
  7. Love that you wore tennis shoes - I wore flats that were super-comfortable and didn't regret it! What a very sweet idea for your cake; it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't regret wearing tennis shoes at all!

      Delete
  8. Great post! I absolutely love your pictures and the blue shoes were a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Best thing I did was wear tennis shoes!

      Delete
  9. You were a stunning bride!!STUNNING! I am so sorry there were some hiccups but seven years later- who cares right. That was just the beginning of your amazing story. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank You! :) And yes after 7 years who cares! Gives us something to look back on and laugh about!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna