Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Listicles - 10 Things In My Home

Hi!

How was everyone's weekend?!

Saturday I was able to take my dad home! He has been in the hospital and rehabilitation center for over a month and he was finally told to leave! Yay! After I took him home I bravely took the kids to get pictures done. We only got Jensen's pictures, and have to go back today to get Jakah's done. Ugh! Yesterday I spent the day at my parents house helping my dad out. He is still getting used to getting around his house in a wheel chair. (f you don't remember what happened you can read it here)

Anyways, this week Stasha has asked us to list 10 things in our home for Monday Listicles. I had every intention of taking pictures for this, but didn't have the time. So just use your imagination!

10 Things In My Home

1. It looks like Toys R Us threw up in my living room. There are toys everywhere, but they are neatly piled into buckets and the train table Casey made, to look somewhat organized.



2. Even though we spent HOURS scraping the floor last week (you can read about it Here) There are muddy foot prints on the wood floors. Stitch insists on digging holes in the back yard

3. Almost every inch of walls are covered in pictures. Every room of the house also has a stack of photo albums. I get all our pictures printed every month and put them into albums. I am obsessed with pictures.

4. Downstairs there is a pool table that hasn't been played in years. It is holding all the baby clothes until they are needed. I want to get rid of it, but Casey says the boys will play with they are older

5. Speaking of downstairs, I have an elliptical, baby clothes, baby items (high chair) and a set of bunk beds taking up space.  I can't get rid of any of it yet.

6. I have a drawer over flowing with kitchen gadgets. I don't use half of them, yet I keep buying more


7. My  kitchen also has rocks on the wall. We made our back splash from rocks. I have never seen another one like it

8. In my dining room, that is connected to the kitchen, I have one red wall. I also spray painted my dining table chairs to match. My mom also loaned me a painting that my great grandma painted (because she doesn't have a big enough wall). She is 105 years old.

9. My husband and I sleep in a huge Tempur-Pedic king size bed with separate comforters. We started doing this year ago when we got tired of stealing the blankets from each other. It leads to great sleep, but not much cuddling.

10. The boys have almost the same room, except on is blue and gray, one is blue and green. My brother-in-law helped my husband paint both rooms since I wasn't allowed to paint while pregnant. But I did hand painted the trucks on their walls.




So there you have it, 10 things in my home!

This is linked up with 

21 comments:

  1. I love your backsplash! Beautiful. Your house looks like a happy, kid-friendly HOME! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Its definitely kid friendly LOL

      Delete
  2. I try to print pictures quarterly, otherwise I will forget about them and never do it, and talk about the toys...some days our house is just a complete disaster, it's amazing what those kids can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just do mine every month when I un-load my camera, again so I don't forget. I forgot last year and had to do like 8 months worth! Ugh!

      Delete
  3. That backsplash is very neat. And I remember those Toys R Us days. You think they'll never end. Sounds like an energetic loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it about kitchen utensils, lol! I have the same issue ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its like tools for men Ha ha!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to hear your dad is home! I hope the transition and recovery go smoothly for him. You and your family have been in my thoughts over the last month.

    And I'm impressed at your determination with the floors. I probably would have just left them cloudy looking. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pain! But I thought I was burning the floor with the steam mop, so once I figured out I wasn't it was bothering me ha ha! Now they look brand new again!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on having your Dad back home!

    I think your husband is probably right about that pool table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably is, but I can't tell him he's right. It will go to his head and he'll think he is right on everything!

      Delete
  7. Your kitchen is GREAT! And love the boys rooms' walls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love the rock backsplash, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that backsplash!!! so original. and you did a fantastic job with the boys rooms. Your home sounds like people live, and love there. which I think, despite the clutter and mess sometimes, is exactly how a home should look like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :) I love my backsplash also, one of my favorite things we did!

      Delete
  10. I have 3 red walls. My husband is obsessed with spray painting everything black but the red table/chairs would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband would spray paint everything if I let him! He was very happy when I asked him to spray paint the chairs :)

      Delete
  11. So glad to hear your dad is home!! And your home is lovely. I love kitchen gadgets too. But I don't like cooking...

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna