Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Birthday and Wine Tasting

I've know my BBFF since 2nd grade! She was 8 and I was 7. I had just moved here from Arizona and knew no one. We clicked instantly. Or its cause our moms paid each of us to be friends :) Either way we have been BBFF's ever since. (BBFF stands for Best Bitch Friend Forever)

This weekend we went out and celebrated her birthday that is actually today. She wanted to go wine tasting. Now its no secret I am not a fan of wine. In fact there is only one wine I love, its pineapple wine found on Maui. Our husband's wouldn't let us go there to taste it without them so we had to settle for around here.

She knew of a place in Woodinville that you can walk from winery to winery and taste everything. Seriously there was TONS of places. At least 20 if not more.

So off we went, Sally, her mama, her sister-in-law and me.

First stop was at am eccentric vodka distillery. Sally loved it and was convinced I would love it too. I'm not a fan of vodka either (man I sound like I don't like alcohol!) But I tried it anyways. It smelled like rubbing alcohol and tasted even worse! One special bottle was 160 proof! Yikes!







Not my favorite at all! But we trekked on to some wineries for some wine. Where I found out most places only have red. I'm a white fan (you know, that one that I like)


After two stops and two wineries we FINALLY found a place that had four different whites to taste. I was in heaven. We stayed there for quite a while and annoyed the server. He served us wine out of a piano



It was yummy! So yummy in fact that I bought a tote! A tote that holds 2 bottles worth. And as the owner told us, a tote is so much classier than a box of wine. And it conveniently clips to my pants.


Perhaps this winery converted me. Of course I bought it after drinking 12 different tastings, and I have yet to taste it since buying it. 

All in all it was a fun day celebrating my BBFF's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Sally! 




9 comments:

  1. Awww! Thank you so much! I'll have my mom put some money in your paypal account! Lol! You can tell your mom she doesn't have to pay me until next quarter! Again lol!

    You forgot to mention I had way too much wine by the end and had to pay a visit to the prettiest porcelain glass of all...

    We'll have to go tasting again! I do love red, but I did really enjoy the white wine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. The pictures of the Vodka distillery make it look a little wierd!

      Delete
    2. The vodka place was a little weird! I'm glad you had a good birthday!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your BFF! My BFF and I both love wine. We went to a vineyard over the summer and had a blast! Great bday adventure you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your best friend. I do love to drink wines especially the red one. Hope more blessings to come to both you. Keep your friendship tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! After 22 years its a pretty good friendship!

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a really great day! It must be cool to still have a best friend from 2nd grade =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cool having a friend for that long :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna