Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies - Pinterest I Did It # 7

Oh my goodness I am a crazy Pinterest lady lately.

Seriously! I  made two dinners and these brownies just this week! One dinner was good, but I am going to tweak the recipe before I share it. One was bad, and then these DELICIOUS brownies!

I found the recipe at Browned Eyed Baker and made a few adjustments of my own because I didn't have the exact ingredients on hand. My adjustments are noted in blue.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies - Browned Eyed Baker

 Brownie Ingredients and Instructions
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate finely chopped (I used cocoa powder, the conversion is 3 tablespoons cocoa powder plus 1 tablespoon butter or oil = 1 ounce of chocolate. So for this recipe it was 12 tablespoons cocoa powder + 4 tablespoons butter)
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups light brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 9x13" pan with foil, or spray with Pam. In a mixing bowl mix brown sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. (add the extra butter now if using cocoa powder) Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in the chocolate (or cocoa powder) Reduce speed to low and add the flour. Do not over mix. Pour / spread into the 9x13 pan and bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

While the brownies are baking, make the cookie dough to put on top.

Cookie Dough Ingredients and Instructions
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons whole milk (I used Darigold vanilla half and half)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I only put 1 teaspoon in since I used the flavored half and half)
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used 1 bag of Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips)

In a mixer bowl combine butter and sugars until fluffy. Add milk (or half and half) and vanilla. Mix until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour, just until combined. Add chocolate chips.

Spread the cookie dough over cooled brownies. (I spread it over the warm brownies and it sorta melted together) Refrigerate about an hour or until dough is firm.

Cut and enjoy!

(Recipe was adapted from Brown Eyed Baker)




This is linked up with:
  White Lights on Wednesdaysmade in a day

Michelle’s Tasty CreationsThe DIY DreamerPhotobucket

The Frugal GirlsCrazy Sweet TuesdayWhat's cooking, love?

Love Bakes  Good Cakessaving4sixWTFab

20 comments:

  1. Not going to share the bad one? LOL
    These look G R E A T! I am one for substitution. I swear I never have at least one ingredient when I want to make something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not going to share the bad one. Not sure if it was the recipe or my ingredients LOL

      Delete
  2. They look MARVELLOUS!! I want a whole platter of them! PLEASE!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, PLEASE come eat some of there! Seriously we can't eat the whole pan alone!

      Delete
  3. These look YUMMY! My cookie dough lovin' man and kids would love these!
    Would love for you to share this at my very first linky party. My sister and I are working together over at “Think Tank Thursday”…hope to see you there!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! So excited to go check it out!

      Delete
  4. I am so hungry now! Looks so delicious! New follower from Joyful Homemaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! They are very good and I hope you get to try them!

      Delete
  5. These are WONDERFUL brownies
    I've also made them (similar recipe) and loooooooove them
    You can see mine here - http://www.winnish.net/2012/07/blog-post_09.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your's look so good! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Awesome! I love it when Pinterest crafts turn out perfectly! We love having you at Whimsy Wednesday!
    Kelly,
    Smart! School {House}
    www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great. The best of both worlds. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, Audrey! I'm stopping by to let you know that your project will be featured at this week's It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. I can't wait to see what you share this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish I was linking up this week but these double ear infections I have are kicking my butt and I haven't done anything

      Delete
  9. These look scrumptious! Thanks for linking up last week! We'd love to have you back:
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! Hopefully I can link up next week!

      Delete
  10. Oh my yummo!! These sound delicious... I probably need to make some today!
    Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner! Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you try them! I can't wait to try to link up next week! Hopefully my double ear infections will be gone by then

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna