Thursday, October 11, 2012

Giant Ruler - Pinterest I Did It # 6

It's no secret that I'm not that good at crafts. I try, but it usually ends up being a disaster. I am much better at baking.

That being said, I saw a couple of pins going around Pinterest of giant rulers to hang against the wall and measure the kids on. That way if you move you can take your measurements with you. I LOVE the idea of doing it. And its just my kinda craft, easy and with wood. (for some reason I do better with wood crafts)

This was seriously the EASIEST craft project ever.

My dad gave me a piece of trim, that is 8" wide and 8 feet long. I think you can buy it at the hardware store already stained and finished.


I went to the craft store and had them make me custom numbers and lines out of vinyl. It cost $12.60 for 7 numbers and 14 lines. The longer lines were 6" and the shorter lines 3". I had them make the lines for me so they were all straight and the same size. If you are good at cutting you could do it yourself and save a few bucks. They even put it on transfer paper for me so all I had to do was cut it out, stick it on and peel.

I had my husband cut the board down to 7 1/2 feet long. No real reason except it seemed like a good number, and it wouldn't reach all the way to our 8 foot ceilings.

Then I measured out every 6" and foot. Smaller lines were for 6" and longer lines were for feet.


Then I placed my numbers at the end of the longer lines in the middle. And then stuck them down. And I was done!




Seriously EASIEST project ever! And I love it! I just need my husband to hang it on the wall and I can start measuring. I think I will go and measure out Jakah's measurements from when he was younger and add the dates. 

This is linked up with:
Michelle’s Tasty Creationsmade in a day

White Lights on WednesdaysThe DIY DreamerPhotobucket

The Frugal GirlsOneCreativeMommy.comartsy-fartsy mama

11 comments:

  1. Oh I want one!!!!! I just love Pinterest projects! Well, those ones that I don't totally fail at ha! Great job, you should be very proud:) Thanks for linking up To Whimsy Wednesday!
    Kelly,
    Smart! School {House}
    http://www.facebook.com/SmartSchoolHouse
    http://www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the easiest projects I have ever made!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up. You're being featured on Wednesday Whatsits!
    http://www.whitelightsonwednesday.com/2012/10/wednesday-whatsits-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! My son needs this in his room. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely make it! Seriously easy!

      Delete
  4. So fun! You did an amazing job!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Artsy Corner, hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna