Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Listicles - 10 Firsts

Monday, Monday.... I have been dying a very slow, painful death due to ear infections. The pain has been horrible. So horrible in fact that I called for pain meds, and was given Vicodin, which did nothing. Went back to the Dr (with both boys who acted like a-holes...) and was given better antibiotics and Percocet this time. Still hasn't helped. Ugh! I think it might finally be getting better... fingers crossed! "Sleeping" on the couch (getting no sleep really) mixed with  the pain and crying babies sucks! And my poor son gets so upset when I start crying from how bad it hurts.

Anyways... onto Stasha's Monday Listicles! This week Bridget from Twinisms has chosen the topic of 10 firsts. Hmmm..... So many choices

10 Firsts (random of course)

1. My first dog was a golden retriever named Casey. My dad gave him to us on Christmas morning.
2. My first husband (OK, only husband) is named Casey also.
3. My first trip without my parents was to Spain.
4. My first stay at the hospital was when I was three. I had meningitis.
5. The first time I was in a wedding I was a flower girl. I had the chicken pox
6. My first stitches were in my forehead. I was hit with a golf club. Not on purpose, I just didn't stand far enough back.
7. My first Christmas gift from my husband was a scarf. We had only been dating a week.
8. The first time I met my husband's parents was after I had spent the night with him at his house. Talk about ultimate walk of shame.
9. The first time I saw my son I was scared to touch him cause he was covered in icky goo. Oh and I had an oxygen mask on and almost passed out. And yes, I still feel bad about it.
10. My first concert was Dixie Chicks. A few friends and I had to drive to the Tacoma Dome (2 hours away) I didn't tell my parents it was that far.

32 comments:

  1. Was he living with his parents? That's awesome. Good morning, could you pass the sugar? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yeah.... We were only 19, it was more we were walking out so I could go home, hair all a mess and he's all "This is my mom"... awkward!!!

      Delete
  2. So many of your firsts made me laugh. Except the stitches and the golf club. That sounded horrible. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't really that bad... for being hit in the head with a golf club LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love the Dixie Chicks too, and I am wincing in solidarity from the meeting of the parents timing. Yowza! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling a lot better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely less pain today, still can't hear anything though

      Delete
  5. Casey the dog and Casey the husband...Love it!

    My youngest son has had stitches in his forehead once, could have used them another time and just recently got them in the back of his scalp. So I know a thing or two about how much scalp wounds bleed. Not fun! And hit by a golf club? OUCH!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend and I were hitting golf balls off a cliff by his house. His dad was really tall and I didn't stand far enough back. He went to swing and hit my forehead lol

      Delete
  6. your list made me lol too! Talk about ultimate walk of shame :)

    I love Dixie Chicks too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you start feeling better soon! We finally took Sky to the doc today and thankfully no ear infection...i guess its just a bad virus that is going to take a little longer to go away. BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Sky! Thankfully he doesn't have an ear infection. I had forgotten how bad the pain was!

      Delete
  8. Funny!! Two Caseys, meningitis, and chicken pox! What do your in-laws think of you now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they like me... it was never spoken of again LOL

      Delete
  9. You poor honey! I'm sorry you still don't feel good. Ear infections S U C K! They are the worst pain a person can go thru, worse than labor in my book!
    I did like your list. Those kind of lists are a great way to get to know someone.
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has lasted longer than labor, and yes more painful! Its been less painful today, just throbbing and can't hear

      Delete
  10. *raising hand* baseball bat. except, I was standing far enough back - they let it go flying. I don't much care for baseball games to this day.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A baseball bat huh!? Crazy! And yes I am feeling a little better today

      Delete
  11. A chicken poxed flower girl - did they let you be in the pictures? I'm assuming you didn't have the actual spots at the time. Best "meet the parents" moment ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was in the pictures, just really itchy. I didn't really have too many spots on my face. And it was for my aunt's wedding LOL

      Delete
  12. Sorry about your ear infection. I hope you getting to feeling better soon. (((hugs)))

    Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Starting to feel better :) I had forgotten how painful ear infections were

      Delete
  13. Great list! The "ultimate walk of shame" was my favorite- ha!
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad your pain is better. As for the hearing, I think I might be happy to go without hearing for a day. I could have fun with that, ignoring the non-stop mommy, mommy, mommy going on sometimes :)
    As for meeting his parents, oh my word. The awfulness of it all. So horrible, yet so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mind the not hearing part, it was the sharp shooting pains when the baby was crying right into that ear that was the worst. Good thing I married him or I would be talked about at their family functions!

      Delete
  15. Oh no! Ear pain is the worst!! Hope by the time I am reading this you are all well! Love your ultimate walk of shame. Talk about awkward ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is mostly gone, just can't really hear out of it. Not that its a bad thing LOL! And yes the walk of shame was horrible

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna