Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Listicles - The same but different

Happy Monday everyone!!! Hope you had a good weekend! I had a pretty good one, I'll post about taking my best friend wine tasting for her birthday tomorrow :)

Today Stasha the list master with help from Christine  at Random Reflectionz, has asked us to list 10 ways you are the same of different from your younger self.

Man its kinda a tough one! Especially since I'm pretty sure I just turned 21.... right?!

10 things that are the same or different

1. I still love reading and try to do it whenever I can. Of course now I just don't have the time, or if I do get to sit and read, my son steals the Kindle to play his games.

2. I'm still stubborn, very very stubborn. Now I have a stubborn 2 year old to fight with.

3. Competitive. Sure I'm not playing sports anymore, but I will rock my fantasy leagues!

4. I still love shopping. But now I am usually buying stuff for the kids and not myself

5. I love watching movies. I worked at Blockbuster and got to seem them all first. I still love watching movies, just don't really get to since the kids are around.

6. I used to be able to wear kid clothes, cause I was tiny and skinny and short. Although
I am still short, I am not as skinny. Now I can only wear kid shoes.

7. When younger I was able to go out and drink... a lot, stay up late and sleep past 10 am. Now I can't drink much, and now get up to make bottles, not drink from bottles. And sleep past 6... I wish!

8. I grew up in a house full of four girls and one guy. Now I live in a house full of boys.

9. I didn't really have experience with kids. There was just 1 amazing kid that I baby sat quite often. (who am I kidding, I still have no experience even though I have two of my own and raised another one)

10. I thought top ramen was a meal.... Oh wait it still is :)



17 comments:

  1. So much we have in common! Love it!!!
    *I love reading (but have a nook and no 2 year old stealing it).
    *I'm stubborn and competitive (my stubborn 2 year old survived until he turned 15… now I don't know if he will make 16).
    *Love, love, love movies!
    *Grew up in a house of girls and now have a house of boys.
    *I never babysat and now I run my own pre-school!

    Maybe we were separated at birth?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps we were!?! Its good to see the stubborn kids survive :)

      Delete
  2. Haha! I joined a fantasy football league b/c my nephews needed another body and I just don't follow it. I have NO idea how I'm doing, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only do it cause my husband's family needs another person. I don't know what I am doing either, but I will still win :)

      Delete
  3. I love reading too. Though like you never have the time. The stubbornness and competitiveness has somewhat faded with age. I a tad more gentler now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh... mine seems to have gotten worse with age.

      Delete
  4. Stubborn mom with stubborn 2-year-old. Funny! I see you're a small-town Washingtonian. I'm an urban Oregonian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wants to wear kids' clothes anyway, although I would enjoy buying the kiddie, cheaper versions of Uggs and Keens. When we bought our last round of Keens, I was very sad that my youngest had grown into women's sizes. Can you say $25 more?

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not gonna lie, buying kid shoes is awesome, although its kinda embarrassing wearing pink heart light up shoes. So I steer clear of those. But kid Merrells are awesome!

      Delete
  6. Maybe stubborn and competitive are synonymous?!? ;) Although I only fit into kid's clothes when I was a kid...I can still wear kid's shoes too! Wooo-hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kid shoes are so much cheaper, which makes them awesome!

      Delete
  7. Hmm...stubborn and competitive here, too. And my kid - she gives me a run for my money! You are so right about shopping for kid stuff instead of grownup stuff now. And I get strangely excited about it.

    Fun list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine gives me a run for my money too! I have found that girl stuff is much more fun to shop for than boys, but I still enjoy it and yes get way to excited about it!

      Delete
  8. Love the ramen!! seriously, I still eat them too. I just try to make them a bit more fancy these days. they just go so great with stir fry recipes; orange/ginger sauce, or pineapple, or coconut thai. listen to me; ramen snob. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa look at you ramen fancy pants! I'm lame and never cooked with them. Just offer them up for a rainy sunday lunch :)

      Delete
  9. Love it. SO you changed a bit in the past few... months? I used to be able to wear youth size shoes... No more. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna