Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread

Remember last week when I made homemade bread because I had 12 packets of yeast to use up? Well after I made 8 loaves of white bread I decided to try my hand at cinnamon raisin bread. If I had read my cookbook a little better I would have found the recipe using the white bread as a base. But I didn't. I went on a Google search.

Most recipes called for eggs, and I didn't want to make that kind of bread. But I finally found one I liked from Baking Bites.

I only changed it a little, and it was because I tripled the recipe to make 3 loaves. Actually I was able to get 4 loaves out of it. And I used less brown sugar. The changes I did make are in blue

Cinnamon Raisin Bread
from Baking Bites

Ingredients
1/4 cup warm water (100-110 degrees) I did mine at 120-130 degrees
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast or 1 packet = 2 1/2 tsp
1 cup of milk Next time I would make it warm milk
1 cup of brown sugar, divided I used less
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter melted and divided
3-4 cups flour I would also use less flour next time
3/4 cup of raisins

Instructions
In a large bowl, whisk together water and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
Add in milk, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, 3 tbsp melted butter and 2 cups flour.
Mix until batter is fairly smooth.
Add additional flour, until dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl
Put onto a generously floured surface.
Knead dough by hand until smooth and elastic. Should be slightly sticky still.
Knead in raisins
Place in a well oiled bowl, and let rise in a warm spot for 1 1/2 - 2 hours

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and grease loaf pans
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
Roll into a rectangle
Re-melt butter, and spread onto the dough.
Sprinkle remaining brown sugar onto the butter (I didn't measure this part, but I just sprinkled it enough to cover the butter and rubbed it in. I didn't make it very thick)
Roll dough into a log
Place dough into loaf pan, seam side down
Let rise for 45 minutes to an hour

Bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes

The original recipe says to let cool completely before eating. But we all know warm bread from the oven is the best. So let cool for a few minutes and then eat!




This is link up with:

Made in a DayWhite Lights on WednesdaysPhotobucketWhat's cooking, love?
Love Bakes  Good CakesCrazy Sweet Tuesdaysaving4sixThe Frugal GirlsThe DIY Dreamer

8 comments:

  1. Dang it Audrey! I am going to gain so much weight!!! Everytime you post something yummy I have to go and try it and E A T I T!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can figure out how to send it to you with it going bad, cause I don't need to eat all this! I just want to bake it!

      Delete
  2. I love homemade bread! Thanks for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  3. I want some!!!!!! PLEASE!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up this evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send it off in the mail! :) Thanks for hosting every week!

      Delete
  4. Yum!! This sounds amazing!! Can't wait to try some.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Artsy Corner. Hope to see you again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! I hope you get to try out the recipe!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna