Thursday, November 29, 2012

Eggnog Pound Cake

Is everyone else busy baking like me? OK this week has been a little slow, but last week I baked at least two things every day! Oh the dishes!!! Thank god I have a dishwasher!

One of the recipes I tried last week was Eggnog Pound Cake. I didn't find any I  liked on Pinterest, so I googled it and came up with a wonderful recipe! Actually the original recipe calls for vanilla eggnog which I had no idea they even made. Here is the original recipe from Smells Like Home.

Eggnog Pound Cake

Ingredients:
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean pod, split and seeds removed (I didn't add this because I didn't have it)
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup of eggnog (original recipe calls for vanilla eggnog)
1/4 teaspoon eggnog flavoring or 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon rum extract (I only had vanilla)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Grease bundt cake or two loaf pans (I used two loaf pans)
In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside
Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla for about 5 minutes
Beat in 1 egg at a time, scraping bowl after each addition (I just use my scraper paddle attachment)
With mixer on low, alternate adding flour mixture and eggnog
Spoon batter into pans and level with scraper
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
Let cool for 10 minutes

Photobucket

This is linked up with:
White Lights on WednesdaysMade in a DayPhotobucketWhat's cooking, love?The DIY DreamerCrazy Sweet TuesdayLove Bakes  Good Cakes
saving4sixThe Frugal Girlsand Carole's Chatter

19 comments:

  1. New follower on gfc from http://www.callmepmc.com/2012/11/grow-your-blog-link-party.html thanks for linking up! check out my blog when u have time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. So far I have liked your recipes. I love pound cake, not so much eggnog. Sorry Audrey, don't think I will attempt this one! ;-) I'm sure yours was delicious! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This actually doesn't taste very eggnogy, You might like it :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Audrey! I'm your new follower and you have a lovelly blog. I'm looking forward to reading your recipes.

    You can visit my blog at http://cake-cookie-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to check yours out!

      Delete
  4. Hey Audrey! Stopping by from the Grow your blog, blog hop! This pound cake looks really good!! Although I have to admit I have never in my whole life tried egg nog =/
    Would love for you to stop by my blog =) dashofsun.blogspot.com

    -Jenni @ A Dash of Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I hope you try out this recipe, and eggnog! :) My 2 year old loved it when I let him try it

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. My 2 year old fell in love with it too! He keeps asking for egg milk ha ha!

      Delete
  6. thanks for linking this in. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love eggnog. I bet this poundcake is yummy...
    Thanks for sharing!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to try it! It was really good!

      Delete
  8. This sounds like a wonderful bread recipe! Thank you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I can't wait to see what you share this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I came across this recipe. It gave me an idea of what to bring to the all girls Christmas party I'm going to this Friday!!! :) Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sure looks good! Thanks for linking it up at Think Tank Thursday. We hope to see you again tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna